No announcement yet.

Worst Premier Imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but somebody mentioned him earlier...

Comment

Padavano at Palace, I watched him week in for Juventus in Serie A and europe, good player completely died at Selhurst.

Another Palace classic, Itzik Zohar!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        Tore Andre Flo. 6.75 million. 29 appearances, 4 goals. Monkee Heed!
        He did ok at chelsea, he was just very inconstant.

Comment

Oh, yeah he was fine for the Blues. Really rank at Sunderland though.

Comment

Joey bartanovich

Boumsong was not even funny though , I remember him being interviewed, saying that he listened to classical music.

Comment

Flo was alright for the fee we payed, wasn't a prolific scorer but scored a couple of important goals over the years, had a decent spell at Rangers too if I remember. Sunderland was definately where it all went wrong!

Haven't seen Winston Bogarde mentioned yet, has to be Chelsea's worst signing. He was on something like 40K a week back in 2000/2001 and stayed out his four year contract in reserves. Made about 10 first team appearences and couldn't even get loaned out

Hugo Viana was my first thought when I saw this thread though, has to be the single most worst signing considering his price tag and the fuss at the time, and then his completely rubbish appearences.

Comment

my mate and myself were talking about this he's a Leeds Utd fan and he said Brolin and he scored 1 goal for them and cost 4.5 million heres how he scored

.Brolin scored his first goal for the club against Sheffield Wednesday on December 16, in which they lost 6-2! The goal was one of the most bizarre goals he had ever scored in his career, it came in the 28 minute as Leeds trailed 3-0, when Gary Kelly crossed from the right onto the head of Brolin, he managed to head the ball, and in a lapse in concentration in the Wednesday defence, they stood still, giving Brolin the time to challenge keeper Kevin Pressman for the ball. The ball hit the keeper and Brolin and was going goalwards until Wednesday defender Steve Nicol cleared it off the line, only to hit Brolin on the head as he lay on the ground and go into the net, however Brolin still celebrated in his usual style.

Comment

Wim Jonk - Money grabbing stroller. Played 70 times for us, scored 3 goals and was lazy and uninterested throughout his time at Hillsborough.

Patrick Blondeau - Signed by top tv pundit and pervert David Pleat, he played only half a dozen games for us before slagging off the city, the club and the manager.

Wednesday have had dozens of players who have come in for the cash and done sod all. When we got relegated from the Premiership we had a wage bill of 18 million a year. No wonder we are still in such a mess 8 years laters.

Comment

How did I forget the Ipswich Town gem that was: Finidi George!?

The year after they finished 4th or 5th thanks to Marcus Stewart and his goals they signed this chump for a ridiculously large sum and he was gash.
                    In fact the only thing I remember positively about him was this song which reverberated around Portman Road at the time:

Finidi Oh Oh,
                    Finidi Oh Oh Oh Oh,
                    He comes from Africa,
                    He drives a big Tractor.

Repeat ad nauseum.

My flatmate at the time was elated with his signing initially and came back from the first game of the season singing it to me.
                    I particularly enjoyed singing it to him at the back end of the season as they got relegated. Great days.

Comment

Ali Dia. So incredibly amusing, how the hell did he even get on the subs bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
                        How did I forget the Ipswich Town gem that was: Finidi George!?
                        Good call - me and my mate still laugh about that to this day...

Comment

Jared Borghetti

I'm quite surprised fat sam didn't try to sign Roger Milla or Francois Omam-Biyik!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icarus0 View Post
                            Good call - me and my mate still laugh about that to this day...
                            I'll be cheering Ipswich Town on at Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon!

Will you be there mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                              I'll be cheering Ipswich Town on at Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon!

Will you be there mate?
                              I don't think you'll see much of a game at Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon, fella...

Comment

Originally posted by icarus0 View Post
                                I don't think you'll see much of a game at Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon, fella...
                                Erm... Yeah.

Let's rephrase the question: will you be at Portman Road on Sunday mate?

Comment

Working...
                                X