No announcement yet.

Worst Premier Imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope won't be there myself as I didn't have enough away ticket stubs to qualify - that didn't stop a couple of my mates though who managed to get tickets for the home stand...

Will just have to resort to biting my fingernails while listening to it on the radio.

Comment

From the mighty Spurs I nominate the even mightier Hélder Postiga. Scored two goals for us, looked useless, and missed a sitter against the Gooners at the Library if I remember correctly.

Of course, after that he went on to help put England out of the Euros that summer by scoring the equaliser and one of the penalties in the QF against Portugal! Cheeky penalty too.

Comment

More quality from the Sunderland Archives:

Greg Halford - absolutely terrible player. Reading paid over 2 million for him, yet he made only 3 appearances. For any normal man this fact would set the alarm bells ringing, but not Big Roy. He decided to spalash out 3 and a half big ones on this unproven bag of toss. 8 appeareances later, he's off on loan to the Championship, never to darken the hallowed turf at the SOL again. So that's over 5 million quid on 11 appearances.

Michael Chopra - a Mag? At Sunderland? Ok..... But 5 million on a dude who wasn't even good enough to displace Shola Amoeba, and sold by the Barcodes for 500K a year earlier? I suppose 8 goals in 39 appearances isn't dire, but he will never, EVER be forgiven for bottling a shot against the Mags at 1-1 in the last few moments of the game.
        Still reading the BBC sport report boils my piss:

However, the best chance of the lot fell to Michael Chopra, who broke free of the Newcastle defence but inexplicably attempted to square to Jones instead of shooting
        This turd was quick enough to score at the SOL for the Mags a few years ago, no attempted sideways-pass there.
        Last edited by prinnysquad; 22-04-2009, 13:16.

Comment

Working...
        X