Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pay 30mill for him.

However as I said, Deco is probably going to inter which will give us more favourable negotiating.

Comment

£80m is the new £30m, which itself was £20m a few seasons back. Bat**** crazy.

As I'm missing Hoolak - apparently if he can't cry about United's last match, he's not posting in the Football forum - I'll shake him out of his slumber with the news in The Sunday Express today:

Sir Alex Ferguson is planning an audacious raid on Liverpool for Kop striking hero Fernando Torres.
      I'd go £50m for that guy

Comment

I'd pay £15-18 for Ibra.

Torres, no chance £50 will get him.

Comment

LOL. Of course he's not going anywhere. But you've got to love the speculation at this time of the year. It's half the fun

Comment

Yep you've got two hopes of getting Torres (well three if you include envelope).

Pleased it's all (transfers) kicked off early this year and not the end of August as seems to be the norm of recent times.

Comment

Ibra is one of the most overrated players in the world IMHO. If he comes to the premiership, he'll flop. Guarentee it.

Comment

Makes me wonder if Chelsea should go for another forward that has a bad reputation. Look at Anelka, everyone said he was stroppy and a liability and were convinced he'd be a bad signing but he's got the golden boot (despite Scolari).

Comment

Anelka proved all that bull**** wrong when he was with us anyway, all smiles, part of a team, looked after. We should have charged Chelsea double what they paid.

Comment

I wouldn't swap Ibrahimovic for a couple of old washers and a used copy of Razzle. He IS the highlight reel enigma - loads of youtube skill, but watch him in a live match and you'll just see a clumsy plank staggering around. Only in my experience, naturally.

Comment

If he wasn't such a greedy Tw*t, i'd take Eto over Ibrahimavic any day of the week.

Now it finally looks as if Tevez is gonna sign for the Blues (City that is) we're gonna need two strikers.

I wouldn't mind Eto at the ?17-20m being bandied round if only his pay would be more realistic than is being touted in the press. If City do pay his demands football will have truely gone insane.

Benzema looks like he is staying in France for another year.

David Silva i don't really know too much about but apparently he's pretty good and can play wide or as a striker.

David Villa is off to Madrid from the looks of things.

What odds Owen to United

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        I wouldn't swap Ibrahimovic for a couple of old washers and a used copy of Razzle
                        Prinny thats too generous, you'd have to keep the Razzle. Or at least substitute it with Lair or Mirrors Edge to give Inter value for money

Comment

If we're not getting Villa (we're not), I was hoping Benzema would appear. Young talent, would progress great at United.

Eto'o is mad. 12m euros a year or something? **** me. Isn't 6m enough? Insane. Hopefully everyone laughs at him, but City are desperate.

Comment

And City will pay it if Eto is even remotely giving the move to eastlands serious consideration. They need stars for their "vision". A forward line of Eto and Tevez wouldn't be too shabby.

But its just silly now. I can just about understand Real forking out £65 and £80m for both Kaka and Ronaldo. They are two of the top three players in the world and to get them you have to pay the premium. That goes without saying. Zidane cost £50m about 6 years ago.

But with regards Ribery for £60m, and Ibrahimavic for £80m. You know football has gone mad.

Tbh, if United do end up buying Ribery for anywhere near £50m (which hopefully we won't), i'd be very disappointed as a fan.

For all knockers he has as well, i think Nani could be a great winger given a decent run. He reminds me so much of Ronny when he first joined. A selfish showboater who needs to learn to play for the team. I actually think his base skill is better than Ronaldo but he needs much better end product. This could be his season if he stays.
                            Last edited by NemesiS; 14-06-2009, 14:05.

Comment

I think United might get Ribery, of the ones they are "courting" (or the media would like us to believe they are). I don't think Benzema is going anywhere this window.

Comment

Owen brochure sent to clubs.

Wasserman Media Group has sent the document, which highlights the strengths of the former Liverpool man over a reported 34 pages, to a select group of top-flight clubs.
                                Awesome. They seem to claim it's fairly standard and maybe it is, but I still find the idea of receiving a Michael Owen brochure in the post amusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X