No announcement yet.

Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one for Man Utd I'd say. They bought him, he's done the business for them and then they've made a huge profit. Win win.

Comment

its good business , and they are selling at the highest price he would ever go for, my only concern is does the money go to the glazers for the loan, or can we invest it in good players, i cant wait to hear fergies view on the matter i cant wait.

Comment

It might be "good business," but who is going to play Ronaldo's role next season? He's massively important for them, there's no one else in the team even close.

On the plus side, it makes next season's Fantasy Football game more interesting. I'm really sick of having Ronaldo as my captain, it'll be nice to shake it up a bit!

Comment

£136 million for a couple of players, good stuff! I'm sure Perez must light his cigars with rolls of bank notes.

That's a couple of very attacking signings there though. I wonder when we're going to find out what £50+ million defenders Perez is going to buy to shore up Madrid's very leaky defence?

Comment

He could realistically go for carvhalio. They offer Chelsea a lot of money and I think he'd go.

Would hurt us but we've had to deal without him a lot, Alex, despite the occasional mistake has been a lot better than I'd thought he'd be

Comment

true kaka and ronaldo wont do much chasing around, and they should spend the 80 million on vidic or ferdinand then they might win something.

Comment

I'd kill for Carvhalio at Spurs, I think he's brilliant. Don't think we'd be tempting enough for him though somehow

Comment

Chelsea seem to have 3 targets at the moment: Franck Ribery (would be incredibly nice), David Villa and Yuri Zhirkov (who seems all but signed)

Comment

Zhirkov always looks a cracking player whenever I've seen him play.

Comment

Rumours seem to suggest £18-£23 million which is pretty good (if he performs for us)

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                        But then they use private healthcare
                        They taxpayer helped to train these doctors too, and give them their formative education up until at least 16, presumably?

Agree with arcnas, re, Ronaldo. This is a very high premium for him, sell him before he gets stale at the club, or injured.

Comment

Real are favourites to land David Villa and they apparently still trying to lure Xabi Alonso. That'd be some start to building the new Galacticos. Jeez. Not looking forward to playing against Real on FIFA and PES

I don't want Xabi to go, but I've read one or two articles where it sounds like he wants to go back to Spain.

Comment

You wouldn't really have to bother with the Master League in the next PES if you're Real Madrid. Actually, maybe not..... if you want Messi or Torres.

Xabi Alonso doesn't like the English weather and food anymore than Ronaldo does.
                            Last edited by Kongster; 11-06-2009, 18:04.

Comment

Think there's going to be a bidding war for Villa, Chelsea, Man City and Real are 'known' to be interested in him and Man U will need a goal scorer to replace Ronaldo (no way can Rooney pick up the slack)

Comment

I think AS reported this week that Villa wasn't interested in leaving Spain unless it was to play for Liverpool...we don't need him and can't afford him anyway, so I think he'll be going to Madrid.

Comment

Working...
                                X