Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David, for once, I actually believe the footballer
    Kaka does seem to really love the club and city of Milan - he is leaving on good terms and the cash will be useful. If he was genuinely mercernary - he would have taken the move to City on.

Comment

Or it could of been something to do with Man City not being in Europe, being a bit gash and not a very sparkly club compared to Madrid.

Comment

No, I think he wanted to stay, but got told he has to go.

But then I'm a football romantic

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
          David, for once, I actually believe the footballer
          Kaka does seem to really love the club and city of Milan - he is leaving on good terms and the cash will be useful. If he was genuinely mercernary - he would have taken the move to City on.
          Equally you could argue that if he wanted Milan to have as much money as possible, he'd have taken the move to City on.

I think Chain's got it spot on, in all likelihood.

Comment

Sorry hoolak, that is what I mean - he could have taken the cash* but he wanted to go to a place with history and opportunity. There is not much difference in the Perez vision and the City one - spend a lot!

*obviously he is being handsomely rewarded at Real too

Comment

Milan wanted Kaka to stay at that point in jan when City came in. They entertained offers this time.

Comment

While Kaka's transfer is obviously good for Real Madrid (both on and off the pitch!) and and good for Milan's bank balance, it's not so good for Serie A in general. That league is in decline, and the departure of one it's biggest stars ain't gonna help.

Pretty much all of the world's biggest stars used to play in Serie A back in the day . How times have changed.

Comment

Saw on SSN earlier that David Villa was all but on his way to Real also. They reported a fee had been agreed with Valencia etc.

Comment

Madrid are certainly taking advantage of hard up clubs like ac milan and valencia are in even more trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                      While Kaka's transfer is obviously good for Real Madrid (both on and off the pitch!) and and good for Milan's bank balance, it's not so good for Serie A in general. That league is in decline, and the departure of one it's biggest stars ain't gonna help.

Pretty much all of the world's biggest stars used to play in Serie A back in the day . How times have changed.
                      Adriano Galliani has said a couple of times that he fears for the future of Serie A if the top clubs can't do something to sort out their finances and get the crowds back in the stadiums. He said he could see Italy dropping out of the "big three" and being considered on a par with Germany, or even below them in the pecking order.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                        Madrid are certainly taking advantage of hard up clubs like ac milan and valencia are in even more trouble.
                        Isn't that how its always been in football? The rich clubs preying on the poor.

Personally, i couldn't give a monkeys about the Italian league as its been in decline for years. They had been over spending on big name players since the eighties and it had to crash and deteriorate at some point.
                        The premier league and La Liga should take note and learn from it and start thinking about putting in place some kind of structure so our top flight clubs can avoid going to the brink of bankruptcy chasing the dream.

Comment

The whole transfer market is ridiculous. Any semi-decent player is now automatically valued at £30m, and true quality starts around £50m. WTF? Only Madrid, City and Chelsea can afford players now.

Comment

Chain, are you implying (by omission) that Manchester United cannot afford (or are unwilling) to spend £30m? Bids in excess of £40m for Ribery suggest otherwise. As does Berbatov. And the other two £30m players they already have (not including Tevez).

This summer seems to be the time for a lot of big money moves as the money men return to Real and, mentally to Chelsea. First Summer for City to flex but they will be hampered by Hughes not getting them higher last season. Also, with it being World Cup year, players want to impress so I think a few squad team players at big clubs may move too.

Comment

I can't see United splashing £50m on someone - even if they sell Ronny, the prices clubs want right now and hideously distorted.

I said at the time Berba was an £18m player, not a £30m. I think the problem is right there. Ribery is a £30m player, but as Berba cost £30m, and Rib is significantly better, the price reflects that.

I think all prices have distorted the last 3, 5 years. Even quite pedestrian players are being marketted for £20m +

Comment

It is possible to still get good deals though - Arshavin for £15m, Barry for £12m (higher wage cost though). Neither one of those are any worse than Berbatov imo, yet £15m-£18m cheaper which is hilarious really.

Think Arshavin is on 80k a week while Berbatov and Barry are on 100k?

Comment

Working...
                                X