No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two wins from twelve cough, cracking game and so glad it didn't go to penalties.

Prehaps this will spur you on to beat Man U at the weekend.

Comment

yes, you HAVE to beat them. Even a draw will do

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
        Don't think there's anything to be proud of when you concede 5 goals over two matches
        The penalty was very harsh and the last goal was only conceded because they had to push up for a winner and there was no one back. It wouldn't have been a goal under normal circumstances. Three then

Not that that matters.

Amazing stuff from Walcott though. He really needs to start games more often, I can't believe Eboue of all people keeps him out of the team, the useless waste of air.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
          Two wins from twelve cough, cracking game and so glad it didn't go to penalties.

Prehaps this will spur you on to beat Man U at the weekend.
          You'll also end up trophy-less cough.
          And manager-less cough cough.

Cant see us getting anything at OT tbh, season's over chaps move along!

Comment

If the game on Sunday is half as good as the one tonight we will be in for a treat. Just hope we (United) win though

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
              You'll also end up trophy-less cough.
              And manager-less cough cough.
              cheer up Charlie

Comment

The best team lost tonight. Liverpool once again got the luck of the ref. Penalty against Babel? Whatever.... Against Hleb...?

Seasons over, but the future remains bright.

Comment

Just got in and watched the high lights as was traveling.

Why is there no video refereeing yet? Put this to rest?

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                    The best team lost tonight. Liverpool once again got the luck of the ref. Penalty against Babel? Whatever.... Against Hleb...?

Seasons over, but the future remains bright.
                    Lies mate Liverpool were the better team. Arsenal couldn't even pass the ball properly in the 2nd half. It was maybe a debatable pen with Babel but I think it was good enough for a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotwings View Post
                      Lies mate Liverpool were the better team. Arsenal couldn't even pass the ball properly in the 2nd half. It was maybe a debatable pen with Babel but I think it was good enough for a pen.
                      First 20 and final 15 minutes I thought we were the better side.
                      My god, the defending was poor on our behalf over two legs- thats why we're out, not because of a "debateable" penalty. Torres didnt do much, then scored a fantastic goal, but he was given too much space, thats just suicidal at this level. Really missing Sagna at the moment, think his abscence was key.

Positives? Looking forward to seeing more of Theo, he's been looking really sharp lately.

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                      cheer up Charlie
                      get back to your own thread mickey mouser!
                      Last edited by neoboy259; 09-04-2008, 06:40.

Comment

oopss...

Comment

I am quite amazed that Arsenal are going to end the season with nothing they played great football before xmas and were very consistant.

Being a liverpool supporter I was very happy with the result but IMHO both the controversial penalty claims were penalties and if you had got yours at highbury maybe last ngiht would have been a totally different game. I think Diaby looks good in spellls but seems to run out of steam a bit at the moment. I think he will be awesome next season if he can get his stamina sorted. You desperately need a striker though Adebayor is good but not a consistant 15-20 goal a season striker. I hope you do enough in the remaining games to stop chelsea nicking second. On the quality of football you have been playing you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremePabs View Post
                            You desperately need a striker though Adebayor is good but not a consistant 15-20 goal a season striker.
                            3. Emmanuel Adebayor 19 Arsenal

I agree though, up front were just too weak. Eduardo's out for a long time, Bendtner really isn't up to much and Ade, despite scoring 19 goals this season (assuming that stat is accurate) isn't consistant enough. RVP looks dodgy at the moment (based on what little we've seen of him recently) but that's understandable.

Comment

I think Arsenals glorys days have gone!

You play well for weeks but then bottle it against weaker teams (a bit like man utd at times but we are nowhere near as bad)

Ade is decent enough but he needs someone to help him out, Walcott wont become this wonderkid you all expect him too, he isnt rooney and he isnt Ronaldo, I think he is more Franny Jefferys

Hleb has been disapointing for you IMO, You miss decent wingers too like Overmars, look at us, we have Ronaldo,Nani,Park, All attacking and dangerous players!

Dispite hating the scousers and leeds more than you however, when we take another 3 points from you on weekend I can foresee some more shocks for you yet

a)Wenger Resigns after the worst ever run under his reign

b)Your bad form ending up putting you in FORTH place and you not getting a CL spot next year!

Im yet to be proven wrong

Comment

Fourth place guarantees a CL spot so you're already wrong............?

Comment

Working...
                                X