No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldnt quite say we've spent peanuts, but certainly, compared to other top clubs around Europe, what we've achieved so far has been beyond most gooners' wildest dreams.

I'd hazard a guess that most rival fans wouldnt bother posting in here at all if we werent top.

BTW what was Garth Crooks saying?

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
      I wouldnt quite say we've spent peanuts, but certainly, compared to other top clubs around Europe, what we've achieved so far has been beyond most gooners' wildest dreams.

I'd hazard a guess that most rival fans wouldnt bother posting in here at all if we werent top.

BTW what was Garth Crooks saying?
      He said it was unintentional then tried to turn it around into a lets have a look at Arsenal's past record rant.

This incident has also highlighted more the dislike for the "foreigner" in the English game. I can't for the life of me imagine that Sky would refuse to show the incident if an Arsenal player had done it to say Rooney or Lampard and the media frenzy that would have been made. Not many of the pundits so far have taken Taylor to task much about it. The BBC report says he was sent off, and thats about it.

The challenges on Terry by Diaby (which was especially nasty though accidental) and Eboue were on almost continuous loop on Sky. I seem to remember them actually freezing images of similar injuries at the moment of impact in the past.
      Last edited by B1gBeard; 23-02-2008, 16:52.

Comment

LOL what did you expect from a formers Spurs and Man Utd player?
        He's always been a tw*t.

Comment

There are a few angles of the actual break in this video. It looks ****ing horrific.

Comment

That has to be the worst football injury i've ever seen. Just hope he can make a full recovery.

Comment

I saw it happen as I was at the game. At the time it didn't look a bad challenge, but from the stills it was a bad one. Taylor isn't known as a dirty player from the last few years I've seen him, It doesn't excuse the challenge though. Wenger calling for a life ban makes him look an idiot though. O.k. one of his star players looks as if his career is over (hopefully not though). The speed of the current game means this sort of thing is likely to happen.

Comment

It was clearly a bad challenge, but the intent was not there. Wenger has once again lain himself open to criticism with his ridiculous comments. I am listening to 606 at the moment and even some Arsenal fans are saying that Wenger has made himself look stupid. I hope the kid is okay, but lets keep this in perspective. I bet if Arsenal had not given away a stupid penalty in the last minute he wouldn't have been calling for a lifetime ban.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Just incase you've not seen it in clearer quality, the way his ankle flops around is sickening

Edit - Videos down now, sure you can find one on youtube before it gets removed again.
                  Last edited by Myth; 23-02-2008, 18:39. Reason: Video gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                    Call me sad, just had a look through all the posts made in this thread since the season kicked off, and only once has a non-Arsenal fan come in here to praise us (which was your good self, incidentally).
                    Call me sad, I looked through the whole thread and there are quite a few non Arsenal fans who have posted stuff you would consider not "gloating"

Originally posted by B1gBeard View Post
                    You will generally find its either ManU, Spuds or Chavs though.

They have to have some outlet to justify the fact that what Arsene has achieved with peanuts is costing them tens and tens of millions while also losing alot of their self respect to people like Abramovich.
                    I think you will find you are generalising, if you look at any set of supporters you will always get the odd few who are idiots. There is obviously gonna be banter between rival sets of fans, as long as it doesn't go to the level of insults then all is fine.

Justify what mate?! Took Alex Ferguson years of hardwork to get the club where they are now. He was spoon fed nothing, so I dunno what you are on about to be honest. Same applies to Wenger, he has put in a lot of hardwork to get the club to where they are now.
                    Last edited by ezee ryder; 23-02-2008, 18:42.

Comment

Just heard about the break now christ on a bike it looks bad I really hope he is okay he was looking pretty awesome.

Looking at that vid posted on the last page the final still shows the break and it looks like it might just have popped off i.e. dislocated not great but better then a break I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                        Call me sad, I looked through the whole thread and there are quite a few non Arsenal fans who have posted stuff you would consider not "gloating"
                        i know what gloating means, being a moderator gives you no right to condescend me tbqf.

Comment

Being a moderator has nothing to do with as I would have said the same thing even if I wasn't a moderator. I wasn't being condescending, I just think you're being a little paranoid. To be honest I was just having a discussion with you mate, you have escalated it to the next level. I will end my side there and let us get back to discussing football matters.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
                            There are a few angles of the actual break in this video. It looks ****ing horrific.
                            that cisse one was the worst ive ever seen, but nasty that,
                            i dont like to see any player injured even if its an arsenal or chelsea player, me being a huge man utd fan, things like this happen, just a shame it wasent adbeyourrrrrr lol sorry
                            you have to give credit to bham for getting a draw

Arsenal we are coming for you, be scared very very scared
                            Last edited by yesteryeargames; 23-02-2008, 20:09.

Comment

I remember that Cisse one when it was on MOTD the day it happened. You could see hit foot just hanging down. I started watching a video of it today and had to stop before it came to that, just because it was making me feel queasy. And I usually have a strong stomach for this kind of stuff!

There's also David Busst, where his leg got shattered against Man United and when it happened Peter Schmeichel just runs away with his hands over his face. He needed counselling, and that was just from looking at it.

Comment

that cisse one,on motd they showed it about 10 times, really close up , i watched the repeat on sunday morning and they dident show it close up again,

Comment

Working...
                                X