Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B1gBeard View Post
    Another win against an out of form team. Lucky old us.
    Eh? Blackburn were unbeaten in seven league games before last night!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
      Eh? Blackburn were unbeaten in seven league games before last night!
      Irony from comments in another thread.

Comment

Blackburn were unbeaten in 8 games I thought? maybe im wrong.

Either way they drew most of them so not exactly as good a run as it sounds.

They also played horribley against middlesborough the other week and were very lucky to snatch a late goal for the draw. It's not saying much but they actualy played better against Arsenal than they have in most matches recently despite results.

Comment

Another week, another cup mauling
          At least its now confirmed that Eboue is an utter c*nt and needs to be got rid of.

Also, didnt have a problem with Nani's showboating. FFS we've been guilty of doing the same thing in recent years.

Comment

Sky Sports news are talking about Eduardo getting injured with possibly a broken leg and was wondering how bad it was?

Haven't got the match on but they're making it sound terrible.

Comment

dont know if anyone is watching the game, very nasty break for eduardo. after only 2 and a bit mins. dont think it should have been a red card for birmingham, as it didnt look intentional, sky sports are refusing to replay the footage as its that bad!

hope eduardo recovers well.

aaron
              Last edited by AaronBekir; 23-02-2008, 11:57. Reason: i cant spell

Comment

just rewatched the incident a few times, it didnt look that bad. But according to the reports, all the medical staff are really worried, eduardo has gone straight to hospital.

Hope all is well, just watching gary lewin the arsenal physio and he looks like hes gonna throw up, as white as a ghost.

aaron

Comment

Crazy stuff, broken ankle apparently. If you break someones ankle pretty sure that is a straight red. Could be a career ender type injury if it really is that bad. Come on, arsenal, win it now for eduardo!

Comment

i dont doubt the red card, but he didnt go in rashly or anything like that, just seems like he caught him wrong. there was no intent that i could see, thats why i think the red was pulled out a bit too quick.

Comment

well one nil down now. i dont doubt arsenal will come back, but i hope they dont (being a man utd fan) anyone got an update on eduardo yet?

aaron

Comment

I'm not sure an ankle break in itself is enough to warrant a red, major injuries occasionally happen in sports. rewinding sky plus it didn't seem a red worthy tackle but it's hard to tell. When Peter Cech was almost killed from a collapsed skull that didn't even warrant a yellow in the ref's eyes and Terry having his foot broken was a yellow.

Anyone have a video of a close up replay? I don't care what Andy Grey says, when a player is sent off, I want to see why. The afforementioned cech incident was replayed endlessly and he could've been killed. When Di Matteo's career was ended, they not only showed the leg breaking tackle, they paused it on the exact moment his leg broke.

Comment

I Dont think it was a red card, and feel really sorry for the lad as you do with any major injury, but i just hope it upsets arsenals rythym today, and they get beat, i played it back on sky plus , and its not nice, but im sure will see the horrors in real in tomorows papers.

Comment

Yeah I looked at it in Sky+ and it looks like he was caught in a bad way but the tackle in itself didn't seem to bad

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                              I Dont think it was a red card, and feel really sorry for the lad as you do with any major injury, but i just hope it upsets arsenals rythym today, and they get beat, i played it back on sky plus , and its not nice, but im sure will see the horrors in real in tomorows papers.
                              So an Arsenal plyer gets horiically injured, and you're revelling in that fact as its now upset their game? F***ing disgusting attitude if you ask me.

Pretty amazing how this thread is pretty quiet 99% of the time, but when we get beat/have a player seriously injured, all the lurkers come on here to have a gloat!

edit: http://www.sportbox.tv/images/action...arsenal_02.jpg

for those who didnt think it deserved a red
                              Last edited by neoboy259; 23-02-2008, 12:58.

Comment

I didnt post to gloat etc.. i was just wondering if anyone had seen it better than i did, and if he was ok. Ive heard more reports that the break is much like the alan smith one last year against liverpool.

I do hope he is ok and recovers, fair comment on the attitude of arcnas, i would never like a players injury, especially a serious one to disrupt a team, but obviously sentiment asside, if your not an arsenal supporter (like me) you do want them to lose this match.

aaron

EDIT...

having just seen the pics, i withdraw my previous statement, deserved red, good call.

and its 1 all now, but the goal shouldnt have stood, goal keeper was being assaulted by adebayor.
                                Last edited by AaronBekir; 23-02-2008, 13:01. Reason: seen the pics

Comment

Working...
                                X