Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glazza View Post
    Dont get too giddy as theres plenty of twist n turns left in this campaign..
    Too right, fella!

Comment

I dunno, you glory supporters and your "there's only 4 teams in the Premier League" banter.

Comment

haha. I bleed scouse! I remember Forest mate. Don't worry.

Comment

I found it extreamly funny today, Arsenal played different football just becuase Man U had luck against Everton with the long ball last week Arsenal tried it and sucseeded too. that Arsene Venger, such a revolutionary......

Really though, Im just bitter, Everton were a mess, unlike last week, well done though, I suppose.

I agree too, there are plenty of twists and turns left yet this season, whoever wins I would imagine now that there will only be a few points in it.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 29-12-2007, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
            haha. I bleed scouse! I remember Forest mate. Don't worry.
            I'll let you off then.

Top 4 is looking tight this season though, especially if Liverpool can win their games in hand.

Comment

nice to be back on top again, we've definately some extra character and 'bouncebackability' this season, its just a shame we keep racking up yellow/red cards.

Eduardo, truely is a great finisher, seems like he could become more and more valuable over the course of the season.

Comment

Bit quiet in here? Cough cough!

Comment

I've been a bit suprised at the furor this week over the Spurs game.

I think the score wasn't quite reflective of the game. Spurs played a good counter-attacking game don't get me wrong, but we gave away two very soft goals early on and from there got caught on the break as we went looking to get back in it.

Our biggest problem was that Traore, Hoyte and the goalie were just far to inexperienced (or not good enough) to deal with a fast counter-attacking Spurs side and we got picked off.

Considering I think Spurs had 6ish efforts on goal and scored 5 (I think we had more efforts on target) and we also had the majority of possesion, it wasn't as bad as the score would suggest.

What the game did tell us is that the kids are not up to the standard of a good Premiership first team and have been over-hyped. The saddest thing on the night for me was that one of our greatest servants Gilberto looks to have had enough. Its been sad to watch such a great player put in the performances he has this season. I'm assuming because he feels undermined.

Comment

Great response from the boys since the Spurs games.

Even before the Spurs game we were labouring a bit and needed a kick up the arse and that game was it.

We've gone about the last 3 games in the right way and done the job. Fab has been more like himself, Flamini gets better and better and Ade is a monster. I didn't think we would last the pace but it looks like we might be there abouts at the end if we carry on as we are.

With ManU losing and Chavs now drawing its looking like a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by B1gBeard View Post
                      With ManU losing.........
                      1-1

Comment

Been very impressed with our form and attitude since that ****e at WHL a few weeks back. Senderos hasnt put a foot wrong since Kolo went to the ACN, our defence has looked very very solid since he came in.

Top of the table in Feb, who'd have thought it eh?

Still cant genuinely see us lasting the pace, still see Man Utd lifting the title come May, but it is GREAT to see their fans moaning in their thread about us only playing mediocre sides lately. Its actually a massive compliment to our side as that means they are genuinely ****ting themselves at the thought of us being competitive with them.

Comment

Another win against an out of form team. Lucky old us.

Radio 5's commentary throughout the game (with the exception of 15mins at the end of the first half) was very one sided. Then after the game Blackburn should have gotten something out of it even though they only had one real effort. Football punditry is strange.

Great performance though. Friedel had a good game and we really should have scored more.

Hleb MoM. If there were any doubts sadly this game showed that Gilberto has had it at Arsenal. We should have let him go in the January window and given Diarra enough reasons to stay.

Comment

I think Arsenal will lift the title in May, pains to say it as a Man Utd fan but I just see it happening. When the 2 teams are at their best I think Arsenal play the better football, not by alot but overall their play is more attractive/decisive these days. Their team is also young and full of energy whereas we are carrying a few older players like Scholes and Giggs. Unless Arsenal hit a bad patch like Chelsea did last season, I don't see us catching them. I hope I am wrong but this is my honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by B1gBeard View Post
                              Another win against an out of form team. Lucky old us.
                              Blackburn may be out of form, but we still gotta beat whoever they put in our way! Didnt play particularly well, but we have a tendency to ease off when we go a goal ahead. Hleb was outstanding- he reminds me of Pires in his prime. Just needs to find an end product to his game and he will be deadly.

Starting to believe that we can go all the way! Wont actually mind if we get beat on Sunday, means we can concentrate on the title.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                                I think Arsenal will lift the title in May, pains to say it as a Man Utd fan but I just see it happening. When the 2 teams are at their best I think Arsenal play the better football, not by alot but overall their play is more attractive/decisive these days. Their team is also young and full of energy whereas we are carrying a few older players like Scholes and Giggs. Unless Arsenal hit a bad patch like Chelsea did last season, I don't see us catching them. I hope I am wrong but this is my honest opinion.
                                I'm not so sure mate tbh. I think this Arsenal team are very close to consistently winning things again but hardly any of them have been in a title chase and we may not have the experience yet. A lot of points still left in those twelve games.

As for comparing the two teams. I don't think anyone in the Premiership can pass and move as quickly or accurately as Arsenal but ManU are more deadly in front of goal. Last night we had to wait until injury time for the second when really it should have been over way before then. Fab and Ade spent a lot of the second half trying to walk the ball in.

Comment

Working...
                                X