Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
    Pretty sure others would have been posting too as there were quite a few people watching this thread.
    Exactly my point. Nobody would be watching this thread if we weren't losing. Understandably, a lot of man ud and chelsea fans would be pleased and posting a coment. fair enough, do it in your own thread.

Comment

But it was 2-1 to Arsenal at that point, so you weren't losing. Where else would someone post regarding an Arsenal match? No-one was gloating as such mate, they were just commenting on the game and certain incidents. Happens in the Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd thread too during or after a game. People express their opinions on the game itself and incidents that happend during it. I don't see an issue personally.

Comment

Sorry but your a football fan you should expect gloating christ I hear a lot worse down the pub.

It's a bit of banter.

Nobody should gloat about a serious injury though, that's disgusting.

Comment

Again, you're missing the point. NO ONE ever posts here except for myself and a few other gooners, except when bad **** happens to us! Dunno about other team's threads, as I dont visit them much. But in that case winding up rival supporters on their thread is pretty childish wouldnt you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
            Sorry but your a football fan you should expect gloating christ I hear a lot worse down the pub.

It's a bit of banter.

Nobody should gloat about a serious injury though, that's disgusting.
            Agreed. And nobody did. Going back to the challenge, i don't even think it was particularly reckless (those pics really do make it look far worse than it was), and as i said certainly no intent to hurt the player. Was never a red card. It's irrelevant the extent of a player's injury after a challenge too, the challenge should be judged on it's own merits. To me, and as discussed on Sky, it appears the Ref was infulenced by the extent of the injury (as you also just said, Neoboy) which is simply wrong.
            But again, no-one likes to see any player get seriously injured. He's got youth on his side, i'm sure he'll be back

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
              But in that case winding up rival supporters on their thread is pretty childish wouldnt you agree?
              Fun too

Comment

It was studs up, shin high. The ball however, was on the ground. So he wasn even aiming for the ball. Still not reckless enough?

Regardless, it doesnt matter now. Its Eduardo's birthday on Monday, (un)funnilly enough. Fingers crossed he'll make a speedy recovery. Diaby had a similar injury and recovered so there's hope in the skills of Arsenal's medical staff.

Definitely 2 points dropped. When Adebayor was clean thru and missed, I knew it was gona bite us in the arse. No wins in our last 3 so we're right in the middle of our blip. Chelsea and Man Utd fans rejoice.
                Last edited by neoboy259; 23-02-2008, 14:25.

Comment

Just seen wengers interview on sky sports, what an idiot. of course now that something has happened to his team, he has a view! but whenever his team do something, he never saw it! to come out and say taylor should never play again, and why is he on a pitch is stupid and petulant, i understand he is upset, but he needs to stop and think.

aaron
                  Last edited by AaronBekir; 23-02-2008, 14:23. Reason: changed my wording, perhaps im a bit harsh on wenger

Comment

No-one is winding up anyone, football is game of opinions and that is exactly what people are doing. Oh and actually looking back at the thread quite a few people who don't support Arsenal have also posted in this thread. Most of the posts are actually not "gloating" they are praising Arsenal.
                    Last edited by ezee ryder; 23-02-2008, 14:26.

Comment

Im my post i said i feel sorry for the lad , but i still think at full speed it wasnt a red card, and wenger says the lad that did it should never play again, hes gone mad, and all arsenal fand are just upset at letting Man Utd back in, which will be a fatal mistake.

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Ive just looked at the picture and changed my mind, the lad was well high and out of order, but in realtime it didnt look that bad, i think sky should have shown it again, so we could make a judgement but the picture does look horrible to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                            No-one is winding up anyone, football is game of opinions and that is exactly what people are doing. Oh and actually looking back at the thread quite a few people who don't support Arsenal have also posted in this thread. Most of the posts are actually not "gloating" they are praising Arsenal.
                            Call me sad, just had a look through all the posts made in this thread since the season kicked off, and only once has a non-Arsenal fan come in here to praise us (which was your good self, incidentally).

Comment

Absolutely gutted for Edu. Such a nice unassuming lad. Pretty gutted as well that some people seem more interested in justifying it by bringing up past incidents than just simply feeling sorry for the player. I'm looking at that utter imbecile Garth Crooks amongst others.

We should have killed the game off really but thats the way it goes. Can't see what the problem was with our first goal. Ade jumped straight up for the ball, eyes directly on the ball and the goalie jumped into him. Maybe you're not supposed to challenge for the ball at all if the goalie is within a certain distance of it? Andy Gray seemed to suggest it wasn't a foul. Looked as though Gael got a touch on the ball. Disapponted with Bill's reaction but then maybe he was thinking that if someone like Rio Ferdinand had made the same challenge in that situation then Birmingham would have had about as much chance of getting a penalty out of it than they have of winning the World Cup.

I hope this is not one of those watershed games for us. Last season we had a similar period over the course of a week and our season faded out after it.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                                Call me sad, just had a look through all the posts made in this thread since the season kicked off, and only once has a non-Arsenal fan come in here to praise us (which was your good self, incidentally).
                                You will generally find its either ManU, Spuds or Chavs though.

They have to have some outlet to justify the fact that what Arsene has achieved with peanuts is costing them tens and tens of millions while also losing alot of their self respect to people like Abramovich.

Comment

Working...
                                X