No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe at that point he didn't know the extent of the injury and was sheepishly looking towards the referee wondering what card was going to be shown. I don't think its the sinister smirk that it seems on the surface.

Comment

I saw pictures of him smiling and to me it wasn't a case of "ha ha" but "oh crap, what have I done". The kind of expression some people have after hitting something with their car

Comment

It wasn't even a yellow card challenge according to that intellectual mountain Steve Bruce.

You really do have to wonder at the rumours of the English game when people seem more concerned for the perpetraitor than the victim. The guys studs were a foot off of the floor ffs. Any Arsenal player would have been hung out to dry in the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
          Could also argue money has played a big part in Wengers success. Pretty sure he also bought quite a few players when he first came in, didn't pay as much as as Ferguson/United (mainly cos most teams try and get as much money as they can out od us) but he still bought players. This debate could go on and on but money will always play a big part in a teams success these days, example being Arsenal moving to a bigger stadium.
          I think, with the money invested recently on certain players, Man Utd would expect to be challenging for all honours. Arsenal have spent money, but we've never been able to compete with Utd and Chelsea in terms of transfer fees, so it stands to reason that we've never been able to bid for the best available. So for us to be top of the table must be pretty galling to Abramovich, Glazer, Gillete and Hicks, and ENIC.

Fair play to Wenger for retracting his comments. Let's hope we can channel the disappointment and frustration into decent performances and finish with a trophy for Eddy.
          Last edited by neoboy259; 24-02-2008, 10:34.

Comment

Hope Eduardo comes back soon. So sad watching it on MOTD last night.

Comment

It was sad, just heard on the news that he had an operation last night on his leg that was broken in 2 places

Comment

After the showing on MOTD and the replays. I didn't think it was a really awful tackle. A fifty-fifty ball, 2 mins into the game and he got beat for pace. The ref gave him a red purely on the results of the challenge which is wrong because thats not how fouls work in football, Ice Hockey yes, football no.

A thought I had was did he have those stupid blade football boots on. We have seen a number of breaks and bad injuries, due to blades been so sure footed in the turf that your leg gives way before your grip does. At least old fashioned studs can spud and move in the turf.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  After the showing on MOTD and the replays. I didn't think it was a really awful tackle. A fifty-fifty ball, 2 mins into the game and he got beat for pace. The ref gave him a red purely on the results of the challenge which is wrong because thats not how fouls work in football, Ice Hockey yes, football no.

A thought I had was did he have those stupid blade football boots on. We have seen a number of breaks and bad injuries, due to blades been so sure footed in the turf that your leg gives way before your grip does. At least old fashioned studs can spud and move in the turf.
                  Aye the fact that his foot was a foot off of the ground with studs showing and he would have gotten no where near the ball had Edu been 105 is just detail really. Other than that it was a perfectly good tackle.

Comment

How else do people go for balls like that? Viera did tackles like that numerous times a game and Arsenal fans thought it was best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

How else do people go for balls like that? Viera did tackles like that numerous times a game and Arsenal fans thought it was best thing since sliced bread.
                      I don't remember this many times a game lark nor would I have thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Which Arsenal fans were these then?

I was under the impression that this type of tackle had been under a lot of scrutiny of late and was rightly considered not on at all. If its now acceptable to go in hard, studs showing like some karate champ, then maybe someone should notify the FA.

Comment

Numerous times a game? You mean studs up over the ball? Cos I cant genuinely remember when he did. And if he did you wont see many genuine Arsenal fans claiming he was anything like sliced bread.Sure he was aggressive, dont recall him ever breaking anyone's leg with a poor tackle.

Comment

Even more of a reason then not to go in foot high with studs showing.

Comment

I think some people need to agree to disagree.

Comment

As a Man u fan I guess I will say i'm glad to see Arsenal get a taste of their own dirty medicine after they ran about chasing our players and kicking them in the back.

As a football fan I'll say that it wasnt very nice what happened and i hope Eduardo is ok....

As a neutral watching the game... The tackle wasnt malicious and Taylor was only in the wrong as much as anyone who commited any other fouls this weekend was (perhapse less so than some). The Injury was just an accident, it was pretty plain to see, both in what happened and the players reactions (for once even Arsenal didn't jump the Ref and Taylor knew hed mistimed his tackle) showed that.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                As a Man u fan I guess I will say i'm glad to see Arsenal get a taste of their own dirty medicine after they ran about chasing our players and kicking them in the back.
                                You clown thats no utd fans view well no real utd fan anyway. Its just a game sure the gunners petulance is laughable and aggravates me constantly but there is no way you can look at an incident like this in the same eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X