Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No love for the Gooners here it seems?
    Anyway, 1-0 to the Arsenal, I'll have me a piece of that. Chelsea are difficult to score against, and I knew that a goal would be from a set piece or a mistake. Kinda surprised it was both
    Nice way to bounce back after that tripe against Middlesboro.

Comment

A terrific result for us. Shame Sky (as per usual) focused on the Eboue challenge and the Cech mistake.

The fact that we had what looked a good goal disallowed for a foul and a marginal offside goal also disallowed still didn't seem to disuade the Sky chimps that we only won because of the mistake.

I wonder how many of our recently returned lot (Hleb, Fab(ulous)regas, Flams and RvP) are able to play against the Spuds. We badly missed all of them.

Comment

I dont see why a fuss is being made over Eboue, i mean what else could he have done in that situation other then stop and let terry just clear it. Fukin hate JT as well anyway, bloody billy big boots thinks he can get away with murder but no one else can do anything.

Comment

Eboue wasnt even looking in the same direction as JT, so I dont see how they can deem it to be deliberate, he's got his challenge in to stop the clearance and turned his head away at the same time. Eboue might be a diving twat but I dont think he'd try to hurt anyone intentionally.

JT coulda had a red card for a challenge earlier, cos he's England captain he gets away with it.

Also, hasnt Adebayor had 4 perfectly good goals disallowed this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
            I dont see why a fuss is being made over Eboue, i mean what else could he have done in that situation other then stop and let terry just clear it. Fukin hate JT as well anyway, bloody billy big boots thinks he can get away with murder but no one else can do anything.
            It didn't seem vicious at all. If anything Eboue had started to shy away from Terry as he was expecting to get clattered. Less was made of Cole's challenge.

Eboue does need to have a word with himself though. His diving is pretty shameful sometimes and he is getting a bad reputation.

I thought Ade's goals was good, no foul. The offside was one of those where it could have gone either way.

Comment

I thought the offside was very close but just off. Ade's goal should have stood tho, it wasn't a foul he just out muscled the defender.

Comment

I'm suprised at how well the team have done this season.

They have been on the brink of something great for a while now as all of the team are such cultured and technical footballers, even the defenders. I thought it would be another season or two before they really got there.

I'm still not sure they will have the staying power (injuries) or experience to go all the way this year but Champions League footy next season without the need to go through qualifiers is a realistic expectation.

Comment

Yeah, considering the doom and gloom during the summer when TH14 left, for us to be top of the table at nearly halfway, I am completely made up for the club.
                  I dont expect us to win the title, I dont think the squad has the required experience to handle the pressure come March/April. But if we win the title, this will be Wenger's greatest achievement imho, bigger and better than the two doubles and the 49 game unbeaten run.

Comment

Woohoo and another win for Wenger's youngsters.
                    Eduardo is looking sharp, shame he cant seem to get an extended run in the side up front.

Also, Roque Santa Cruz has got to be one of the buys of the summer, surely? Can't see him sticking around for long at Blackburn tho.

Anyway, we'll probably get the Spuds next round, so bring it!

Comment

Frankly **** result for gooners last night. Fabregas just hasnt had the magic he had before injury. We need RVP back asap. Just dont think Hleb playing just behind Adabayor works. I have seen more arsenal passes go astray in the past couple of games then the rest of the season put together.....Somethings missing.

Comment

We always seem to suffer a dip in form round about Xmas time, but yeah, definiteley missing RvP's cutting edge. Fabregas hasnt been the same since he came back from injury, but he's still a class act even at 70%.

Dropping points at Fratton Park isnt a disaster, they're a tough team to break down at home, though we were the better side and should have scored late in the 2nd half.

Now that we're trailing Man U maybe the pressure is off a bit and we can play more expressively? Hopefully, as I think Man U will run away with the title now anyway.

Comment

I think we've responded well since the Middlesborough defeat. I would have taken 7 points no arguments from the Chelsea, Spurs and Pompey games if offered before they were played.

I hate the tired excuse and Wenger uses it a lot, but some of the players did look a bit jaded against Pompey. Fabregas especially is not firing at all.

A large part of the problem is formation imo. 4-5-1 is all well and good if your target man is on form but Ade is no Drogba at the moment. Before the midfield get there in support he has either misplaced a pass or tried a trick that hasn't come off. I'd like to see Arsene have a bit more faith away from home and give Bendtner a chance up front with Ade as he made a real difference when he came on. With another hard away game at the weekend though we'll probably see the same formation.

I agree that ManU should probably run away with it now. Their key men seem to stay fit. Liverpool are looking very good as well at the moment and will probably push us for second more than Chelsea with Lampard supposedly out for a few weeks and the African Nations coming up.
                          Last edited by B1gBeard; 27-12-2007, 22:45.

Comment

Whoohoooo didnt expect us to win tonight. Think I just witnessed a Goodison Park robbery, Everton didnt deserve to lose, being the better side for much of the game.

Back on top, plus Man Utd lost, so great way to end the year!

Comment

tad harsh on everton, still think arsenal will fluff it near the end tho,
                              not that thats ever happend before
                              Last edited by yesteryeargames; 29-12-2007, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                                Whoohoooo didnt expect us to win tonight. Think I just witnessed a Goodison Park robbery, Everton didnt deserve to lose, being the better side for much of the game.

Back on top, plus Man Utd lost, so great way to end the year!
                                Dont get too giddy as theres plenty of twist n turns left in this campaign..

Comment

Working...
                                X