No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well, still some positives to take away, we didnt deserve to win, didnt do enough to lose either!

Think Chelsea will walk this title this year.

Comment

I think Arsenal were the better team for large parts of the match so I can understand they will feel like they deserved more from the game but you really did gift us both goals.

I think it says a lot about Arsenal's performance that we only got our real attacking play going once Arsenal were behind and even more committed to going forward. Before that, we had really had very little to offer creatively and it was only a pin-sharp pass from Giggs that got us going.

A lot of people were writing your lot off pre-season but I've said from the start I'm expecting more af a challenge from Arsenal than Liverpool this season and this match has only reinforced that.

Comment

Arsenal were the better side, but the only thing that matters is the final score.

Comment

I think both sides looked a little short of ideas and "spark".

Comment

bearing in mind Utd were the home team their lack of spark shouldbe more concerning.

the result was a bit tough on us I thought, we were bossing the game at the start of the second then came the karma moment and the pen.

I know we lost but I think we can take a lot from that game and it should bode well for the season

Comment

Wenger should be asking the FA to take a look at this :

...and asking for a similar ban to Eduardo's.

Comment

plus Stevie Me would like 27 other counts of diving to be taken into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                  Wenger should be asking the FA to take a look at this :

...and asking for a similar ban to Eduardo's.
                  That's bad. I can understand going over in that situation, your momentum, trying to stop and hurdle the tackle, you could well simply fall down. It's the "dive" simulation that's awful, he goes down like he was smacked in the face.

Comment

If only he had actually looked back or appealed AT ALL, there might be a claim.....
                    Instead, he fell over, did not look back or appeal and then got harangued. hen Torres thinks he has been fouled, he looks back and has a word with the ref, he pointedly did not do that.

Comment

Yeah, when people fall over they always look like they've been sniped from the crowd, throwing their head back for absolutely no reason.

Also, given the tackle angle, he'd have fallen forwards if it were genuine. Look at his left ankle, he could have actually damaged his left ankle because he's trying to fall backwards instead of forwards.

Footballers are cute nowdays, they dive but DON'T claim it, hoping the ref has bought it, but if he hasn't, they don't get booked as they didn't claim so vehemently.
                      Last edited by Jebus; 31-08-2009, 17:47.

Comment

What does everyone think of Wenger's rant at Man U not getting punished like they should for fouls?

I know there was an incredibly long period Man U went without giving away a penalty at Old Trafford but those kinds of statistics are hard to fairly analyse, despite the inherent dodgyness in them.

What I do feel is that Scholes gets away with far too much. You hear Andy Gray laugh off dangerous tackles that could cause serious injury as "another mistimed tackles from ol' Scholsey" and there have been lots of refs incredibly reluctant to show a second yellow to him.

Comment

Totally agree.

"Typical Scholesy challenge". I saw one in a game very recently where he got told off for it, I felt it was a straight red offence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                            Yeah, when people fall over they always look like they've been sniped from the crowd, throwing their head back for absolutely no reason.

Also, given the tackle angle, he'd have fallen forwards if it were genuine. Look at his left ankle, he could have actually damaged his left ankle because he's trying to fall backwards instead of forwards.

Footballers are cute nowdays, they dive but DON'T claim it, hoping the ref has bought it, but if he hasn't, they don't get booked as they didn't claim so vehemently.
                            Yep. You'd not whip your head back like that if you just fell over. That's simulation of a Clothes-Line wrestling takedown

Comment

Eduardo has received a 2 game ban.

Whilst I agree he should've been punished, that's a harsh punishment that sets a worrying precedent. Hopefully it's not a one off though and they actively monitor for blatant dives, not a fan of victimisation.

Comment

I don't think it's right. If the ref had seen it and booked him, he would have got a yellow card, instead they've just gone way over the top with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X