No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw the benefit of Arshavin last night, thought he was superb against a team who only came to defend.

started to think the worst in the 2nd half, was looking like one of those nights.

some of our stuff was amazing but in the 1st half in particular we looked like a team of creatives with no finisher. I know Eduardo can't play up top on his own but against negative tat like that I'd prefer to see a 4-4-2 with one out an out finisher.

Comment

SEGA And Arsenal Back Together Again?

fansfc.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

Comment

big test for us today at Sunderland, typically late November is when our injuries always hit, as they have this year now, and we start dropping silly points.

be interesting to see what we do without RvP, can't see Eduardo doing the same job up top on his own, I'd like to see a shift back to 4-4-2 from 4-1-4-1 with Eduardo and Arshavin up front until we get a proper hold up man back in Bendtner or RvP.

if I was offered a draw today may be tempted to take it now.

Comment

You'll walk it, fella.

Without Cattermole you'll boss the midfield.

Comment

Just watched the 2nd half on a stream.Most of the team looked like they were still away on international duty.I fear that the strikers being out may cost us big time.

Comment

Watched in pub. First half wasn't bad actually, but as you say the second was poor. Mackems played well, but if I had a pound for every time we appear to be "pacing ourselves" (aka run out of ideas), then concede, then wake up a bit, I'd have a lot of dosh.

Why can't we go out there with the mentality of wanting to pummel the other team from the start...

Comment

saw this coming mile off as my post above proves, even told my mate on Friday to stick Bent in his fantasy team as ex-Spuds strikers always score against us.

Comment

*scuffles out of the room, unnoticed.*

MOTD highlights suggested that the midfield battle was lost. Players like Richardson were tackling hard, which is a rarity. Do Arsenal have a player like Cana, who patrols in front of the defence?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    *scuffles out of the room, unnoticed.*

MOTD highlights suggested that the midfield battle was lost. Players like Richardson were tackling hard, which is a rarity. Do Arsenal have a player like Cana, who patrols in front of the defence?

Song is meant to be our version of an enforcer but his natural instinct is to attack, not sit, we have nobody really in the squad who likes doing the ugly stuff, even our centre backs want to get up and score !

Its a combination of things though that undo us at this time of year, its always after a big international break when our players have been off all over the world, other teams have this too of course but couple it with the lovely fragile but beautiful footy we try to play and it all falls apart a bit. A good solid team can grind a result out when off par but that just isn't the Arsenal way, I love them for it but its just a bit frustrating.

Think I'm in the minority with my view that even as a lifelong fan I'd rather watch this footy and win nothing than play lousy and pick up trophies. I pay to go to the stadium to be entertained and enjoy myself, not watch crap.

Comment

That's fair enough. I'm at a similar stage with another sport at the minute. A win is indeed a win, but if it's dire to watch, I can actually enjoy it more just reading about it, than have to suffer expensive boredom. I'm glad of the win, but the spectacle stinks. Entertainment is the name of the game.

It was surprising one of the big teams didn't steam in for Cana, he's a class act and fulfills the holding role really well. I know the bigger teams were sniffing around him at Marseille, and I was amazed he'd chosen to play for us.

Comment

Not good.

Comment

What a huge shame again for a player who has been so unfortunate with injury.

Comment

Should be an interesting game tomorrow. Arsenal will want to prove their credentials as Title challengers.

Comment

good win for us today, just hope Fabregas isnt crocked for too long. He was sublime today - 4 points off chelsea with a game in hand, a couple of decent signing in January and who knows...

Comment

Stunning free kick from Fabregas. He didn't half make a difference when coming on. Quality player.

Comment

Working...
                                X