Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
    What about ITV?
    Sven was always the BBC fave. My main hope for ITV is they get Keegan and Big Ron to do any co-commentary, the statements they used to make were pure entertainment.

Comment

Fancy Argentina and Spain myself, going to have to look up the Brazil squad as for the 1st time in a World Cup i'm not even sure who all of their starting eleven are.

Too hot for us, agree quarters at best, with a rubbish unpredictable draw in the group stage most likely against the US of A! I hope i'm wrong.

Comment

Looking through my Panini sticker book, myself and Prinny noted a lack of strikers among a lot of countries. Will Torres bit fit enough for Spain? Do the Argies have enough quality to go with Messi?

Comment

Sven won't be doing any punditry anyway, he's managing Ivory Coast.

Comment

I never said he was, I said the BBC will catlick him.

A proper Garth Grooks sit down serious talk with Sven about his time with the national team and loads of interviews after his Ivory games.

And big ears with use the tag line of "And now here's a man that knows all about England and the expectations of a nation."

Oh and the typical BBC softrock backed video montage of the last campaign with an effect that the junior video maker discovered on his PC and puts it on anything new.

And one more thing how the hell did New Zealand make it to the World Cup? I don't know anyone from there but if I did they would probably suck(and have big hair)
            Last edited by vanpeebles; 10-05-2010, 11:21.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Do the Argies have enough quality to go with Messi?
              Argentina have got a pretty insane pool of players right now. Their strikers alone are just scary -

Messi
              Aguero
              Tevez
              Higuain
              Milito
              Lisandro

We've got Rooney....and Crouch? Zamora? Heskey? Yup, we're doomed

Comment

Darren Bent and Carlton Cole as well

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                  Argentina have got a pretty insane pool of players right now. Their strikers alone are just scary -

Messi
                  Aguero
                  Tevez
                  Higuain
                  Milito
                  Lisandro
                  I think Martin Palermo is more likely to go to the WC than either Lisandro Lopez or Diego Milito as the 5th striker.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forget that he's back on the scene now. Either way, the fact Lisandro/Milito won't be there shows how strong up top they will be

Comment

Despite the coach Argentina will be interesting to watch. Such a large talent pool to choose from. Brazil will be intersting too as they are something of an unknown quantity for once.

Comment

It's a different kind of Brazil, but I think you know exactly what you're going to get from them. Dunga has them playing in a very settled system.

Comment

For once it could be argued that Brazil's defence is stronger that its attack, I think we will indeed be seeing a different Brazil this year.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forget that he's back on the scene now. Either way, the fact Lisandro/Milito won't be there shows how strong up top they will be
                            Not taking Milito would also show how nuts Maradonna is

Sven got slagged off for just getting us to the quarters all the time but I think that was our level and anything more would have been over achievement. I think it'll probably be quarters for us again but Capello has the skill to eek some extra out of players so if anybody can make us get further than usual it's him.

I backed Italy last time and made a nice bit of cash, the quality in their team was severely underestimated last time but I don't think they'll do it again. Lippi is relying too much on the 2006 boys and he should have done more to bring youngsters into the fold. It's a real shame he almost certainly won't be taking Cassano too, a player I really love to watch.

I think the lack of fitness of a few key players will see Spain coming up just short. My bet would be Brazil, Germany or Argentina, the madness of Maradonna may end up paying off during that month.

Comment

For once it could be argued that Brazil's defence is stronger that its attack, I think we will indeed be seeing a different Brazil this year.
                              They're pretty well balanced, a defensive block of 4 down the middle in Juan, Lucio, Melo and Silva (with Ramires dropping in from the right too if he's in ahead of Elano).
                              Great attacking options from fullback with Bastos and Maicon. And a really nice mix up top with Fabiano as a proper #9 with Kaka dropping behind as a #10 and then Robinho as an outside left forward.

Comment

I think an african team will reach the final

wrong place to ask maby, but does anyone know where to get the england home shirt for about £30 or under?
                                Last edited by SILENT MOUNTAIN; 10-05-2010, 13:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X