No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd definitely ditch Lennon for the next game. He just looked lost to me.

It will be interesting to see if Crapello decides to go attacking for the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
      Heskey's biggest show was getting the ball back after he lost it, every time he's has the ball in a good position he's done nothing with it.
      I thought his attempted step over was superb.

Comment

I loved it, its great too see the World Champions elect play this good.

Comment

Hmm, on the positive side at least I might be able to shave on Wednesday. *scratches chin*

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
            The only contribution I saw from Lennon was getting the ball and laying it off, the guy has supposed speed like Usain Bolt but I never saw him go past a player once.

At least SWP actually ran at people and won a few corners for us.
            Lennon's cross led to the Lampard chance and he also put in an excellent ball that would have been an easy header in for Rooney but an Algerian defender just managed to nudge it out of Rooney's path.

Not saying it was a great performance by any means, but I still think the main reason he lays the ball off more for England is because Johnson is taking up the space he wants to run into. Nearly every time Lennon got the ball Johnson was ahead of him. You get much more out of Lennon with a defensive minded fullback behind him.
            Last edited by EJG1980; 18-06-2010, 20:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              I agree with Wayne to be honest, I don't see what good can possibly come from booing your own team.

Capello just won't accept the blame for things, he consistently plays the wrong players in the wrong formation. We as a team are full of players who are more comfortable in a 4-3-3.

---------------Keeper---------------

Johnson-----Dawson---Terry-----Cole

---------------Barry-----------------

---------Lampard---Gerrard-----------

Lennon--------------------------J Cole

--------------Rooney------------------

It's so ****ing simple but he refuses to buckle from that rigid 4-4-2 that DOES NOT ****ING WORK.
              Thats the formation I would play. It just looks right and feels right. Keeper has to be James though.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                ha ha, first team booed off in the world cup, and it was well deserved

I can't be bothered to disect that, sooner we get knocked out the better so I can enjoy the rest of the tournament.
                France were booed off last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                  France were booed off last night.
                  Yep, and we actually played worse than the French.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                    Yep, and we actually played worse than the French.
                    You're worse than Greece . Win the World Cup, You can't even win a match .

Comment

i dont really care what the formation is or who plays anymore just as long as they can actually complete some passes for once.

bri

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        You're worse than Greece . Win the World Cup, You can't even win a match .

It's always nice to be there though isn't it. Y'know involved, taking part, being part of the action. When was it? 1954, 1958. Can't remember, it was a long, long time before I was even born.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I reckon the next England manager should go for picking out Championship players. It's worth a shot, and even if they lose it'll be more entertaining than this.
                          I reckon the next England manger should be Ian Holloway. Far better than that 6 million a year Italian prick you've got now.

England are an complete joke

Comment

The players should refund those fans who have paid massive amounts to watch that over paid shower of ****e. He had no rights in saying what he did, they earned every single boo. Rooney saying what he did is completely indefensible and comes across as an arrogant pig. I've defended him in the past but he should of kept his mouth shut and walked off.

David James just did a cryptic interview on the radio, the presenter said that Capello says the team is too tense and he replied Oh does he *pause* ok. Lampard should of been dropped and we should have a left footed player for the left side. We pay a foreign manager a MASSIVE amount of money and we are no further forwards or better than previous efforts, and probably worse.

I lay the blame at Sky for creating, financing and promoting a system of massively over paid, over hyped players in a really poor low quality league.
                            Last edited by vanpeebles; 18-06-2010, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                              It's always nice to be there though isn't it. Y'know involved, taking part, being part of the action. When was it? 1954, 1958. Can't remember, it was a long, long time before I was even born.
                              Yes its always nice to make up the numbers and make other side look good .I've got to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                I lay the blame at Sky for creating, financing and promoting a system of massively over paid, over hyped players in a really poor low quality league.
                                All of those players you're talking about (Rooney, Cole, Lampard, Gerrard etc.) are amongst the best in the world for their clubs. I won't argue that they get paid too much, but they manage it week in week out for their clubs and for the most part in Europe against the best they have to offer as well.

They simply can't play well as a unit for England. I just can't understand why we're struggling so much at the moment considering what he achieved at times in the qualifiers with pretty much the same players.

Comment

Working...
                                X