Summer 2010 Transfer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    Looks most likely that Cole will go to Spurs (which won't make him popular among Chelsea fans)
    Why won't he be popular with Chelsea fans mate? He's been a good servant but it's Chelsea that don't want him, what should he do?

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
      On Modric, the BBC gossip column said yesterday we'd been given a choice of 3 Man U players. I'll take Rooney, Giggs and Valencia for Modric thanks! I'm sure it meant one of three and three rubbish squad players at that.
      The couple of articles I read said we had a choice of Carrick, Anderson and Kuszczak. So almost as good as the three you mentioned

Almost certainly rubbish though, I really can't see us selling any of our star players considering the turmoil it has caused when we've done that in the past few seasons. Surely we've learned our lesson?

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      Why won't he be popular with Chelsea fans mate? He's been a good servant but it's Chelsea that don't want him, what should he do?
      You're thinking far too logically for most football fans! If he moves to a rival club, doesn't matter what the circumstances are, he'll get booed when he goes back. Sad but true.

Hypocritical of the Chelsea fans though, considering at least half the crowd at Stamford Bridge each week probably "transferred" from being Man Utd fans about six years ago I jest of course. It's probably only a third.

Comment

that story was in the London press (Evening Standard & Metro) last week but seems to have been backtracked on a bit since.

a lightweight tricksy injury prone ball player. thats the final missing piece in the jigsaw to turn us into title winners, not got many of those (though he is a cut above the 6 or so of them we already have)

Comment

I think Cole will end up at MU. Would be the logical choice.

Comment

Joe Cole has signed for Arsenal about 14 different times now, according to various newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              It's kinda difficult to look fondly on a player when he's playing for your biggest london rival. As much as he was good for the club, the club was very good to him through his long term injury.

Won't be as bad going to Arsenal as Spurs though.

Comment

Again, Chelsea do not want him. It's not up to you guys who he plays for after you release him. This isn't Sol Campbell-esque, this is Chelsea releasing a player they no longer want.

Personally I think Man Utd should sign him up, bench Berbatov and play Cole behind Rooney, I think that'd be a VERY fruitful "partnership" for United.

Comment

and it's not up to Cole if the fans will like his move or not. All the rumours are suggesting that Cole wanted more money, he was offered a contract which wasn't as much as he wanted and Chelsea just said take it or leave it.

I'd doubt he'd be hated or booed as there'll still be goodwill but he would be giving up 'Chelsea legend' status moving to a London rival.

Comment

If we can forgive him for going to Chelsea, I'm sure you can forgive him for going to Spurs.

(Although I probably won't... )

Comment

and it's not up to Cole if the fans will like his move or not. All the rumours are suggesting that Cole wanted more money, he was offered a contract which wasn't as much as he wanted and Chelsea just said take it or leave it.

I'd doubt he'd be hated or booed as there'll still be goodwill but he would be giving up 'Chelsea legend' status moving to a London rival.
                      How exactly is he giving up "Chelsea Legend" status?

It's not up to Cole, but he's making a move he feels suits his career, Chelsea fans booing him would just be acting like pricks.

Comment

Yossi Benayoun is off to Chelsea for 6.5mill filling up some of the gap left in our midfield. seems a done deal.

rumours:

Every rich club is speculated to be after Torres, Barcelona (apparently valued at 70mill).

Real Madrid seem to indicate they're after Gerrard. Barcelona also interested. Lots of suspicion Gerrard could want to leave the country...

Ryan Babel,Albert Riera, Philipp Degen, Diego Cavalieri and mascherano rumoured to be eyeing an exit. If there's any truth to this it doesn't bode well for Liverpool. Press seem to expect a firesale.

Comment

Lots of suspicion Gerrard could want to leave the country...
                          Why, is he planning on throwing a world cup game?

Comment

Nah more tabloidy than footbally

Comment

Yossi Benayoun is off to Chelsea for 6.5mill filling up some of the gap left in our midfield. seems a done deal.
                              Superb buy that if it goes through.

To think he nearly ended up with us before West Ham!

Comment

Working...
                              X