No announcement yet.

Summer 2010 Transfer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone done a headcount at City at the moment? The number of players, and egos, looks very interesting.

Comment

The South Shields Gazette (heh) are reporting that another year long loan deal has been secured for Mensah. Tremendous if true. Hopefully Shambles will be his understudy for injury duty.

Also, Angeleri has signed, to play at right back, and linked up well last night with the Egyptian guy signed on loan for the right wing.

Just need Insomnia and maybe Ireland now! Campbell scored 4 against Hull last night so that may put pressure on lazy arse Jones to perform, who apparently played at centre half.

Take that neil2k!

Comment

Ooooooof taken!

"We're talking to Kieran, he's got a year left and we hope we can tie him up," Bruce told The Journal.
        What is going on at Sunderland? Sounds a bit iffy lol what they do in their spare time is up to them.

Campbell in all seriousness is a great little player Prinny will hopefully have a good season this year.

In other news are there any West Brom fans out there? You are trying to sign Eric Djemba Djemba! I honestly laughed to myself for a good 5 minutes at that, takes the heat off Shambles as possibly the worst buy of this or any other transfer window. Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Tbh, nothing at Sunderland would surprise me after Raggergate. That Lawrence/Alnwick/Woods/Brown footage was scandalous, or should I say, absolutely textbook.

Campbell bagged in a few late last season, and played all over the place in midfield and up front. He should be given more of a chance this season! As should Waghorn in a subs role.

Djemba Djemba, there's a name from the past. Still toss I bet!

Comment

First (public) noises about Torres not being happy at Liverpool are floating around. Mancini has said he wants to sign him.

After the farce of Robinho, can't imagine they'll be so eager to fork out 40mil on one player this time.

Comment

It's more like he isn't happy with his contract or is awaiting for some serious team upgrading before committing. He loves the club. His issue is with the suits. He could be making the suits sweat it out by saying nothing, getting them working harder.

If he did go, I really can't see him wanting to go to City for money.

Comment

Chelsea are going after two Brazillians: Neymar and Ramires.

£17mill for Neymar was rejected, rumours are suggesting it'll be £20mill. Large amount for an 18 year old.

*edit*

found a highlights reel. These are always a bit deceptive but if he can produce their flair under the physical pressure of the English game he could be great. Silky footwork for when the raw power of Drogba isn't working.

Last edited by abigsmurf; 26-07-2010, 12:31.

Comment

I think West Ham put a bid in for Neymar earlier in the transfer window too.
                  He's a midget and fairly slight of build too, bit of a gamble.

Comment

We bought another midget to compensate. The club released some pictures of Barerra having a kick about with some kids and he's barely a few inches taller than they are.

Comment

Strong suggestion that City will be offloading their Chelsea rejects to meet the 25man squad rule. SWP will struggle to match the wages he must be getting now.

I lolled at the suggestion he'd go to Arsenal, he's not exactly the best alternative to walcott...

Comment

If history is anything to go by he'll happily sit around picking up his wages anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up having to loan him out or subsidise his wages.

Comment

Raul has left Real Madrid. He has had a great career there, winning six La Liga Titles and three European Cups amongst other things.

He is tipped to join Schalke though a move to a Premier League club is a possibility.
                          Last edited by Kongster; 26-07-2010, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            Strong suggestion that City will be offloading their Chelsea rejects to meet the 25man squad rule. SWP will struggle to match the wages he must be getting now.

I lolled at the suggestion he'd go to Arsenal, he's not exactly the best alternative to walcott...
                            The rejects include Ireland, Wright-Phillips, Bridge...players who would get into almost any other team.

Ridiculous.

Comment

Spurs I could see going for SWP but other than that, I think he'd have to settle for a lower profile club.

I look forward to Ian Wright's rant at Man City if they do rush a sale through.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                Spurs I could see going for SWP
                                We've already got Lennon, Bentley and even Dos Santos who could all play right wing. No way we'll go for SWP.

As for the rumours linking Neymar with a move to the Premier League, I'd say it's way too soon for him to make such a move. He is certainly a very promising player, but he hasn't even had a full year of first team football at Santos yet and has a lot of developing to do before you could stick him into the Premier League and expect him to make an impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X