Summer 2010 Transfer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    I'd say Liverpool might get ?20 million, but not much more for Mash.
    What are you basing that on, exactly?

Comment

Just personal opinion, but other clubs know that :

A. Masherano wants to leave
      and
      B. Liverpool need the money

They are in no position to bargain really, so I can't see someone coming in with silly money, unless Man City get involved.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
        West Ham have stuck to their guns and turned down a bid from Spurs for Scott Parker. Good on em but not sure I believe Gold when he said he's not for sale at any price. Yeah right.
        Wrong David. Gold was the one that actually stated that everyone had their price, then went on to name check the ?80m that United got for Ronaldo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
          Just personal opinion, but other clubs know that :

A. Masherano wants to leave
          and
          B. Liverpool need the money

They are in no position to bargain really, so I can't see someone coming in with silly money, unless Man City get involved.
          Speculation. As Woy has said, we will decide to sell on our terms.
          If Mascherano said wanted to stay, receipt of a transfer fee would have no bearing on our financial situation. So I don't think it's necessarily true to say we need the money. We also need a player of his calibre, the team needs a player of his calibre more than it needs a transfer fee.

Comment

The wierd thing about the Parker non-deal is how big a deal SSN are making out of it.

West Ham have categorically said "NOT FOR SALE" and almost gone so far as to tell Spurs "Carry on and we'll report you" and yet Sky Sports News are making a massive deal about it!

There's no deal to discuss, move on?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
              Wrong David. Gold was the one that actually stated that everyone had their price, then went on to name check the ?80m that United got for Ronaldo.
              Ah sorry you're quite right it was Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                Glad Masherano will be out of the Premier League. He's a thug who injures players.
                Im quite sure Essien could be labelled with exactly the same tag. He has committed some horrendous fouls in his time.

Anyhow, considering Liverpool are on the verge of signing Luke Young we may aswell all stop talking about the club. Mid table mediocrity awaits!

Oh Joe Cole, you wanted to win things? I wonder if the Inter-Toto is about next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                  Im quite sure Essien could be labelled with exactly the same tag. He has committed some horrendous fouls in his time.
                  I would most certainly go with that. Essien made a leg breaking challenge in pretty much his first league game if I remember correctly.

Comment

Rumours that Klasnic is coming back to us but on a permanent deal...I'd be bloody happy with that.

Comment

Spurs and Fulham are after Bellamy apparently.

Comment

I can't believe that Spurs are going to sign anyone, I mean, they have one of the best squads in the league...do the Spurs bosses actually want Redknapp to **** them up like he did every other club he's managed?

Comment

We have a very good squad but we don't have any top world class players that make the extra difference like the biggest teams do. We have good strikers but we don't have a Drogba or a Rooney, we have good midfielders but no Fabregas or Lampard, etc..

We need at least one special player to give us that little bit extra and help us push on from last season, hopefully a Fabiano style forward.

And Harry won't put us in the **** because if he wants a player and we can't afford it, we've got a chairman who'll just tell him no dice. I think it's the money men at previous clubs who constantly okayed all Redknapp's signings that are more to blame for the state of those clubs than Redknapp is.

Comment

Modric is world class imho...

Comment

I said "top" world class players, he's just a "regular" world class player

I agree though, Modric is a brilliant player and he's getting better and better for us. He's my favourite Spurs player right now.

I guess what I should have said is that we need a world class goal threat from midfield or up front. Modric is brilliant but he rarely scores (hopefully he'll improve that in the coming season).

What I want is our midfield from last season + a 15-20 goal Lampard style midfield player. Our attack from last season + a 20-25 goal Drogba style forward who can help us avoid repeats of losses and draws against clubs that we couldn't break down / missed a ton of chances against.

The biggest difference between us and the usual big guns last season was simple: number of goals scored.

Comment

In that case, Scott Parker is available at the right price

Comment

Working...
                                X