No announcement yet.

Premier League 2010/11 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to stoke who outplayed Aresenal again. Who called them a rugby team? as it made me chuckle when they were singing rugby team 1 arsenal 0, and then finished of with the english rugby anthem.

Bri

Comment

So refs are now back to deciding that you can give a penalty when a player kicks the ball away and has no hope of getting it again? Been lots of penalties not given this season under that justification.

But meh, the way Man U players surrounded the linesman screaming at him was straight out of the Barcelona playbook.

Comment

Bruce out! 19 goals conceded in last 7 games. 3 goals conceded in three of last four home games. 6 defeats in the last 7 home games.

As for going half the season with only 3 strikers at the club ... you wouldn't even go to a World Cup with less than 4 strikers, and that's about 8 games, never mind half a season. What a turd.
        Last edited by prinnysquad; 14-05-2011, 16:08.

Comment

Not sure I've ever seen a game where BOTH teams play kickball in their own halves for the last 10 minutes of a game.

Comment

Top six finish for Spurs guaranteed even if our poor form continues, thanks to West Brom winning. West Ham look to have been ever so slightly rogered by the results today.

Comment

The Hammers are gone unless they beat Wigan tommorrow. And even then, it's unlikely.

Blackpool need a result at Man U. But it's a Man U with nothing to play for, and probably wanting to rest a LOT of players with the Champions League final the following week.

I reckon we're talking Wigan, West Ham and Blackpool now though. But who knows what Birmingham will do tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                Not sure I've ever seen a game where BOTH teams play kickball in their own halves for the last 10 minutes of a game.

Comment

Man Utd players doing a good impression of their opponents in a couple of weeks, harrassing the official when they should have pissed off and waited for the decision.

Comment

One day the FA will grow a pair and start to tell referees to book players who do that sort of ****e. I was hoping for a Utd loss today, mainly cos it would have meant the would have to play a decent team next week against Blackpool. Though if we (Birmingham) get a result tomorrow then it shouldn't be as important.

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                    But who knows what Birmingham will do tomorrow...
                    Indeed.
                    Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 14-05-2011, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      Man Utd players doing a good impression of their opponents in a couple of weeks, harrassing the official when they should have pissed off and waited for the decision.
                      I don't like to see that either mate, poor.

Comment

Only a sap of an official would change their mind while being hassled, so it's an entirely pointless endeavour.

When it happens it should be yellow cards all round. Dished out consistently. In ice hockey, if a player argues with the ref, then it's BANG, instant ten minute misconduct penalty. In extreme cases, a game misconduct. But then again, in many respects ice hockey is way ahead of football. The officials have significant powers and technology is in place. It's the fastest team game out there, yet they use video review goalline technology. Football is so feeble in these respects.

Anyway, well done Utd. Terrible away record, but formidable at home!

Comment

Was playing with the BBC predictor. Oh how i'd piss myself if this was the final table........

No doubt Birmingham will get relegated now!

Comment

Lol, looks at halftime as if it's all going to ****e.

Comment

With the exception of the West Ham result, these results are going pretty well for us (West Ham will probably get relegated anyway though).

Comment

West Ham are down!

Emirates was shockingly empty although I suspect lots of fans will be glad they stayed at home. Arsenal could end up finishing 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X