Premier League 2010/11 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
    I can see quite a few clubs sticking two fingers up to the FFP rules and daring UEFA to ban them.

Can you really see UEFA going on a banhammer trip if Real, Chelsea and a bunch of others all decided to ignore the ruling?
    But all these teams were behind it. Believe it or not, but Roman was pushing for the FFP in the last year. You could tell because Chelsea really didn't spend big for years. But he changed his tune, when he spent big in January. Real Madrid and Barcelona will be fine. The spanish government will bail them out. And they are big clubs who make big money off the pitch. Plus they get lots of TV money compared to the premier league clubs.

That's why Chelsea and City are the teams that should be worried. They don't make enough money off the pitch.

Comment

It's a bit of a non-story, but it made me chuckle anyway.

Rooney asks a fan to come to the training ground for a fight on twitter...

Comment

Final day tomorrow.

Most interesting will be the battle to stay up with 5 teams fighting for it (hoping blackpool stay up and wolves go down) but there's a Europa place up for grabs too.

Comment

After much speculation that he was going to put out a weakened side against Blackpool, Sir Alex Ferguson submitted the following team sheet:

1. Edwin Van der Sar
          3. Patrice Evra
          6. Wes Brown
          12. Chris Smalling
          23. Jonny Evans
          24. Darren Fletcher
          18. Paul Scholes
          11. Top Flight Premiership Footballer
          8. Anderson
          13. Ji Sung Park
          9. Dimitar Berbatov

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
            LOL!

Hoping that Wolves beat Blackburn, and that any two from Birmingham, Wigan and Blackpool also pick up 3 points to send Rovers down. Should be a very interesting afternoon regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Any two of Wolves, Brum & Burn can go down for all I care.

Don't want to see Wigan go down due to Al Habsi having been outstanding for them pretty much all season and it would be nice for Blackpool to stay up because they've been quite fun to watch this season.

Comment

I want Birmingham and Blackburn to vanish. Perhaps the two worst footballing sides this season.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                  LMFAO.

I'm rather worried the "attention" for "whoever it may be" may or may not affect another Champions League game of football that may or may not be happening that may or may not feature someone who may or may not have shagged someone. Maybe.

Comment

Oh sheesh, with ten minutes to go it's all still in the balance!
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What a dramatic end, I think all the teams in regulation trouble have been looking like they're going down at some point so far.

Blackpool look doomed though. It's a shame. Just hope Wolves join them.

Comment

It's Brum with Blackpool at the moment... Injury time in most games now.

Comment

Well that turned out pretty sucky.

Blackpool go down and Wolves stay up in the narrowest possible way so we get to 'enjoy' their football for another season

Comment

I wanted Blackburn down instead of Blackpool. But never mind. Compelling viewing watching that league table change every few minutes. Wolves have played in a lot of decent games this season and come away with nothing.

Comment

Pleased for Wigan.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                                I wanted Blackburn down instead of Blackpool. But never mind. Compelling viewing watching that league table change every few minutes. Wolves have played in a lot of decent games this season and come away with nothing.
                                I agree, Wolves have been fairly entertaining this season. Pity about Blackpool though, but to lead 2-1 at old trafford and not to try to play more solid at the back for the umpteenth time is why they are relegated.

Comment

Working...
                                X