Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    Realistically, he'll go for ?9-10m this summer, or nothing next summer. There's no way he's leaving for ?16m unless City start bidding. You're kidding yourself if you think he's gonna stay, even if it did happen before.

Getting another season out of him would be nice, but are Bolton financially stable enough that they can write off ten million quid?
    10 million quid isn't being offered. Before the window we were going to have to sell him to buy, fortunately though, Wigan gave us 5 million for Al Habsi, which was unexpected. I still say it'll need more than 10 million for us to let him go.

Again, EVERYONE was saying he'd go last time, and didn't. He's playing for a well respected manager and knows he still has a lot to learn.

Ask yourself, would YOU sign for Arsenal at the moment?

Comment

Would I sign for a team in the Champion's League? Of course I would. So will he. I imagine the situation is very different now than last time, considering he'd walk into the defence at Arsenal rather than have to be back-up as might have been the situation before. I can see why he might have stayed back then to keep playing first team football but he's going to get that when he moves now, there's no reason to stay at Bolton. I don't mean any disrespect by that, but you must be able to appreciate that he'd want to play in bigger competitions.

And we don't know what's been offered. Wenger has said that that ?6m offer is a complete lie, so who knows what the real story is. He'll go for an offer of ?10m though.

Comment

Over Bolton? Everyone would.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
          I'm glad you all know that he's definitely leaving in the summer for free. I mean, it's not like there would be a ****load of speculation about him leaving for a "big club" and then he ended up not leaving and signing a new contract, is there

Oh wait, thats exactly what happened last time with Cahill.

The bottom line is that we don't really want to sell him, and it'll take nearer 15-17 million to get him. We'd rather get another good season out of him with an entire year to sort his replacement, than lose him for peanuts. He's worth a great deal more than 6-7 million.
          If that was the case I dont think Bolton would be touting him like a cheap whore all Summer. He IS for sale at the right price. The problem is at the moment Bolton's right price is nothing like anyone else's right price. If the price is met, then fair enough. If not then Cahill knows clubs are interested in him now that Arsenal's offer has been made public.

Rumour was he wanted to stay up north and didn't want to move to London. If thats the case then Liverpool could be well placed to bide time and wait for him to become a free agent or stick in a cheeky bid near the end of the window.

The difference this time round is that Cahill is getting plaudits and is older than he was last time. He has given his time to Bolton and could feel its time to move on. I think he has probably let it be known he wouldn't mind a move away.
          Last edited by Adrock; 26-08-2011, 17:27.

Comment

Really rather worried about tomorrow. If Chelsea get less than 5 goals I will be surprised. As he's been playing like crap for over a year Torres is bound to grab a hat-trick. Norwich, I fear, are in for a major scudding.

Comment

He's better than Spurs, tbh
              Oh come off it, AS IF he could resist the lure of joining a squad with the likes of Jenas and Bentley!

Comment

Would I sign for a team in the Champion's League? Of course I would. So will he. I imagine the situation is very different now than last time, considering he'd walk into the defence at Arsenal rather than have to be back-up as might have been the situation before. I can see why he might have stayed back then to keep playing first team football but he's going to get that when he moves now, there's no reason to stay at Bolton. I don't mean any disrespect by that, but you must be able to appreciate that he'd want to play in bigger competitions.

And we don't know what's been offered. Wenger has said that that ?6m offer is a complete lie, so who knows what the real story is. He'll go for an offer of ?10m though.
                There's only one champions league club that want him, and they are lowballing. They are also the first club the entire window to even enquire.

He's more likely to go to Liverpool, as we're after N'Gog.

Coyle and Gartside want over ?15 million, and I don't think they are gonna accept much lower.

Why should we accept 10 million? Because we're Bolton and they are Arsenal? They have money and we have the player they want, why should we have to accept their valuation?

Comment

There's only one champions league club that want him, and they are lowballing. They are also the first club the entire window to even enquire.

He's more likely to go to Liverpool, as we're after N'Gog.

Coyle and Gartside want over ?15 million, and I don't think they are gonna accept much lower.

Why should we accept 10 million? Because we're Bolton and they are Arsenal? They have money and we have the player they want, why should we have to accept their valuation?
                  It's nothing to do with the status of Arsenal or Bolton.

You should accept ?10m because it's a decent price. ?15m is a good price for Cahill with five years on his contract, it's not for when he's leaving for nothing next summer, you have to accept that Bolton don't hold all the cards here, just like Arsenal didn't with Nasri. Wenger's patient, too, he waited a year to get Chamakh on a free transfer rather than pay over the odds for him. You should accept ?10m because if you don't accept it, you lose ?10m when he leaves next summer, and then you lose more replacing him. If Bolton can afford to do that, fair enough, but there aren't many Premier League clubs that can write off that sort of money. Don't expect someone else to pop up and give you ?15m, like you say, there's only one team that's expressed an interest.

There's no point saying Arsenal are lowballing, Arsenal have denied that offer so there's no way at all to know if it actually happened.

Comment

If we lose him on a free, it won't be to Arsenal, that I can guarantee you.

Comment

If we lose him on a free, it won't be to Arsenal, that I can guarantee you.
                      Can you?

Comment

I think I just said I could? :-S

Comment

How?

Comment

Magic. That's how.

Comment

Apparently some Korean striker playing in France has skipped the country half way through a medical with Lille to sign for Arsenal instead

They hadn't even realised he was gone.

Comment

Chelsea are not comfortable at all in defence when Cech isn't there, are they?

Comment

Working...
                                X