Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never said they'd win the case, just wondering if they'd try

Same as you, want Wigan to win tonight but don't want a Man City comeback in the league. Although I do want them to stay in it enough to still think they have a chance when they play Newcastle. Could do with Man City being up for that match!

Comment

Well played Wigan fully deserved 3pts and by far the better team all over the pitch.

Cant help think we(UTD)felt like they just had to turn up to win and i have watched Wigan on many occassions second half of the season and they have been excelent and very unlucky at times and tonights win for them is fully deserved.

As for Utd well it wouldnt be Utd if we didnt make things difficult for ourselves but no excuses tonight very very poor and very dissapointing...but well done Wigan.

Gutted but we move on and hope to put it right with a home win against Villa next but we are going toh have to be at it from the off as the way this season has been going you just dont know.
      Last edited by glazza; 11-04-2012, 20:53.

Comment

Hopefully that was the kick up the ass our players needed in case they thought the league was all done already.

Totally deserved win by Wigan though. Ruling out the first goal was a ridiculous decision so don't begrudge them getting a favourable call on the corner kick that led to their goal at all.

Was a blatant handball that should have given us a penalty but again after the weekend I don't think we can complain too much.

Comment

I quite want to see Wigan stay up simply because I really like Martinez, and I admire how the fans recognise that he is a good manager despite the results. Would have rather seen us win, but we can't afford to be complacent. Everyone seemed to assume that we had won the title already, even Mancini from the sounds of it, but we could be down to a 2 point gap by this Sunday - with a derby at the Etihad coming up. Part of me still expects City to snatch the title.

It pains me to see Swansea struggle and I do hope they stay up, but yesterday's performance highlighted the flaws in their style of play. It's all very well trying to be 'swan-celona' and relying on possession of the ball, but Barcelona have the likes of Messi to take advantage of opportunities when they count. Swansea have been struggling to find relevance in the game once they go down a goal.

Comment

I see Damian Comolli and Liverpool have parted company with each other. As a Spurs fan i knew it was bad news for them when they signed him. Likes to spend other peoples money with not much reward for the club. How do people like this keep getting top jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
              I quite want to see Wigan stay up simply because I really like Martinez, and I admire how the fans recognise that he is a good manager despite the results.
              I agree and also well done QPR

Comment

Originally posted by bwi View Post
                I see Damian Comolli and Liverpool have parted company with each other. As a Spurs fan i knew it was bad news for them when they signed him. Likes to spend other peoples money with not much reward for the club. How do people like this keep getting top jobs?
                Gotta say I think Comolli gets a liitle bit more stick than he deserves for his time at Spurs.

Berbatov, Assou-Ekotto, Bale, Kaboul, Corluka, Zokora, Bent, Malbranque, Woodgate, Gomes, Pavyluchenko and Modric I would class as either successful or decent buys. Some are / were brilliant for us and the rest did at least a decent job / had periods of form that benefited the club.

At Spurs I think rather than his transfers it was his undermining of Jol and the decision to bring in Ramos that were his biggest failings (although I don't think many people would have predicted the Ramos reign going quite as pear shaped as it did).

Comment

I reckon the Comolli move is something that the club needed to do if they were going to change the structure in the Summer. To me, the situation is ripe for Dalglish being moved upstairs to director of football and somebody younger becoming manager/head coach. That would give the owners a way out of having to sack Dalglish and will also give Dalglish a say in the club still.

Maybe Steve Clarke could be promoted or they could look for a young up and coming coach to work alongside Dalglish. There would be some serious dangers involved in that move but according to Werner (chairman of Liverpool) they still believe in the structure they had when Comolli was still at the club. He also said the club moved now to plan for the Summer, that means they either have someone lined up to replace Comolli or will get someone very soon.

So, essentially, if they dont appoint anyone soon they are basically looking at changing things from within the club. Hence my hypothesis above.
                  Last edited by Adrock; 12-04-2012, 16:15.

Comment

Bloody hell, Wigan are 2-0 up away at Arsenal after six minutes! My only worry is that they've scored "too early" but anyway, come on Wigan!!

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                      Bloody hell, Wigan are 2-0 up away at Arsenal after six minutes! My only worry is that they've scored "too early" but anyway, come on Wigan!!
                      And fully deserved at the mo HE,just like when they beat us mid week Wigan started like a house on fire and there first gooal on the break is exactly what Arsenal do to most teams each week lol and was a superb counter attackb but Arsenal will prolly win this 5-2 lol but Wigan fully deserve there 2 nil lead right now...Come on Wigan!!

Comment

Originally posted by glazza View Post
                        And fully deserved at the mo HE,just like when they beat us mid week Wigan started like a house on fire and there first gooal on the break is exactly what Arsenal do to most teams each week lol and was a superb counter attackb but Arsenal will prolly win this 5-2lol but Wigan fully deserve there 2 nil lead right now...Come on Wigan!!
                        Wigan, DON'T COPY SPURS

Comment

Whata save by Al Habsi.

Someone needs to get this team drug tested lol,they are playing like CL contenders and have been past few weeks now,exellent stuff from Martinezs side.

Comment

Haha wasnt a dig at Spurs lol was the first score that came into my head..

Comment

Here we go come backs on 1-2..Verminator with a bullet header .

Comment

Oh I know you weren't having a dig, I was just having flashbacks myself

2-1! And how close was that Djourou shot just now?

Comment

Working...
                                X