No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the referee's chief has apologied to Martinez for the shenanigans that were Chelsea's two non-goals on Saturday. Nice of them, if small consolation given the position Wigan are in.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez receives a call from referees chief Mike Riley to apologise for mistakes made during the 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.

...yet have rejected QPR's appeal for Shaun Derry's card to be recinded after Ashley Young's spectacular lunge to the ground in an offside position. I think people are still trying to work out what the red card was actually for.

QPR's Shaun Derry says the FA's decision to uphold his red card against Manchester United is "ridiculous".

Weird inconsistencies there.

EDIT - And the FA are not punishing Balotelli for his potential leg-breaker on Song? What the hell?!
    Last edited by sj33; 10-04-2012, 17:37.

Comment

And Balotelli gets nothing for the "tackle" on Song.

Referee Martin Atkinson took no action in the match, but reported the incident had been seen, ruling out retrospective Football Association action.
      You've got to fear for the quality of officiating in the game really.

Comment

If Atkinson saw it and didn't think it worth a red card then he should face a suspension.

Comment

Great game at the mo Blackburn 2 Liverpool 2 20 mins left,and with the later down to 10 men after Doni was rightfully sent off for bringing down Hoilett in which sub keeper Brad Jones came on to save from Yakubu from the resulting penalty this game can still go either way but Liverpool are very lucky their goalkeeping crisis did not get a whole lot worse. Brad Jones sees his attempted clearance come back off Yakubu's ample backside and Jones can only bat the ball away as it threatens to drop under his bar. He then grabs Yakubu, who goes to ground as he chases the loose ball. All eyes are on referee Anthony Taylor, who produces a yellow card, not red. Probably the right decision seeing as the ball was bouncing away from goal, not towards it lol.

Bellamy has been outstanding so far and Dalgleish should have him in his starting 11 for the semis at the weekend but he probably wont .
          Last edited by glazza; 10-04-2012, 20:37.

Comment

Said it could go either way and at last Andy Carrol finally nods one in in injury time surely a winning goal for liverpool.

Comment

What a game eh? I was expecting a boring, scrappy slog. Liverpool down to their third keeper for the game against Everton, Blackburn nearly earn themselves a much-needed win but are denied by Carrol of all people? Epic stuff.

Comment

Carroll, Shelvey and Henderson all put in excellent shifts tonight. Those three players all played very well and never stopped working hard for the victory. Bellamy deserves another mention because he is superb every time he plays.

Also, Agger is definitely a class apart any other defender currently in the Liverpool squad.

Comment

Agent Kean is keeping up the good work - only 5 more games to go son!

Comment

Kenny has a fantastic knack for sounding like an irrational, unreasonable prick in his post-match interviews. The red card was the defining moment of the game, and he feels that it is unreasonable to talk about it? Even after they just spend the first 2 minutes of the interview (quite rightly) praising the players?

Comment

Yeah he comes across a bit of a tit. I have noticed, though, it seems a lot more prevalent with Sky so maybe it has something to do with them? Either way he needs to calm it down a bit. He could have easily said he hadn't seen the incident so wouldn't comment until he had done so but he seems to be rather short with the Sky interviewers.

Comment

Kenny is looking more and more of a twat day by day and to the outside is making Liverpool a very unattractive place.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                          They lost a tough tough match with QPR last week so don't write Wolves off yet
                          Well Bassong got sent off and Van Persie scored the penalty after 9 minutes, and as I type Walcott has just made it 2-0... I think I might just write them off now

Comment

Wolves are proper rammel. Getting rid of McCarthy and replacing him with TC sealed their fate.

Edit - sounds like Wigan have been stitched up again by a dodgy linesman...
                            Last edited by parkinho; 11-04-2012, 19:20.

Comment

Seeing as we live in an ever more litigious society, I wonder if we will get to a point where a team sues The FA if they get relegated after a few clearly incorrect refereeing decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                                Seeing as we live in an ever more litigious society, I wonder if we will get to a point where a team sues The FA if they get relegated after a few clearly incorrect refereeing decisions?
                                I don't know how you'd prove you had no wrong decisions that benefit you. Definitely been a harsh ol' week for Wigan though, hope they can hold on because they deserve it, but at the same time Man City can NOT win the league.

Another goal for Arsenal, pretty big ask for Wolves now!

Comment

Working...
                                X