No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that's all the PL for me this year. See you in August.

Comment

No utd will score 10 in a minute, oh that was a dream, those everton late goals have killed utd

Comment

Blaming Sir Alex for this. Tactical mistakes at City have given them the belief they can win the title, and they've shown it today too much class for Newcastle and they have been the clssiest team all season so fair play to City fully deserve to win the title and its irrelavent what we do know but United's team selection on Monday still sickens me."

Comment

Only City's title to loose now.

Comment

While it must suck for all the fans of UTD right now, i think in the long run losing the title to city will be the kick up the arse they need.

However you have to wonder if there will be a monkey on their back in future when playing city...league double, one of them 6-1, and the F.A cup barely scraped through against 10 men for much of the game.

I say this not just because of the collective results against city recently, but rather imo there was more wrong than simply the formation against city on monday. UTD didnt have 1 shot on target...thats just unreal no matter what the formation UTD decide upon. I mean it stunk of nerves...something UTD have been seemingly immune from in recent years.

I didnt expect city to hold their nerve today, and they looked hopeless in front of goal early in the match, but full credit because they really have come through lately.

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
            those everton late goals have killed utd
            No good looking at it this way because both teams have dropped silly points this season.
            Last edited by PaTaito; 06-05-2012, 14:39.

Comment

Cracking result. Newcastle were well up for it in the first half and created a number of chances in the second. Definitely had me worried at times for City, but they showed, as they have many times this season, that they play best under pressure.

Comment

I can't believe Arsenal are still third. This is mental.

All around the country Gooners are busy handing their souls to the devil

Comment

The positions after City and United have been a competition to try and not get them I think. Every single team this season has dropped so many points in the pursuit for Champions League football.

Comment

We just felt like making it a bit more exciting for the neutral

Comment

What a great day - QPR's win essentially confirms Venky's relegation, and WBA's comeback leaves our old friend Judas in a sticky predicament. Just need Wigan to avoid defeat tomorrow and the party can begin!

Comment

On a personal level, it's not so much United not winning the league that bothers me, it's the fact that Arsenal Mk.2 won it. Still, they definately deserve it - performance-wise, they've been cracking.

Nice to see Fergie lift the crowd at the end of the game today. There's always next year.

I do hope Wigan win tomorrow, simply because I really respect them and their fans, and the patience they have with Martinez even when the results don't come. Not enough of that in the Premier League. They know how great a manager he is in spite of the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                          On a personal level, it's not so much United not winning the league that bothers me, it's the fact that Arsenal Mk.2 won it
                          I know there is like 3 ex arsenal players in the squad, but clichy hasnt always started at LB, and nasri never plays a whole game. Toure almost never plays now either.

Arsenal MK.2 is a bit unfair.

Comment

Did you by any chance mean to type Chelsea Mk.2, Shakey?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              If Norwich finish above us, Plough Boy has to buy me drinks for the rest of the year.
                              I have just realised that there is actually the distinct possibility that this might happen. Bloody hell. Not that I shall be buying you drinks for the rest of the year.
                              Lambert has done an incredible job with the resources he's had. For 3 years we've played a far greater game than the sum of our parts. Holt has been amazing. Ruddy too, despite the huge numbers of goals we ship.
                              If we beat Villa and you lose or draw to Man U there will be plenty of chuckles in this household.

Comment

Don't give me that ****.

The first crate I want is a shipment of Robinsons Old Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                X