No announcement yet.

Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - ?15 @ Tesco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my cancellation email on Monday and have just arrived home to find a copy waiting for me...apologies for inevitably getting everyone elses hopes up but thought I'd mention it!
    I did get in very early on the deal so maybe that's why?

Comment

Nice one

Goes to show more than ever that Tesco's have royally buggered this whole thing up from start to finish

Comment

Oh the confusion. Ordered both L4D2 and Modern Warfare2, received an awaiting dispatch email straight away on Saturday. Received a cancellation email re:L4D2 on Monday and a phone call that evening to say that the MW2 was cancel pending, apologies etc.
        Find the the money has been reserved and then 1am Wednesday morning received a dispatched email re:MW2. Speak to my bank during the day and found out a 2nd charge reflecting MW2s cost is now pending but the original is still there too. Speak to Tesco and they say it was indeed sent out and charged for Wednesday morning and that the original order will get refunded at up to 10 working days. I complain and state I may well send the MW2 back for a refund as I do not appreciate their bad service, quick to take my money but not honor their mistake and so on.
        Now I find out a package from Tesco arrived at my house (I'm away incidentally) with Wednesdays post. If MW2 was posted out Wednesday morning surely it couldnt have arrived same day? I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get home.

Comment

The plot thickens. I have heard nothing back after my email on Monday, but they have now charged ?15 to my card. My Tesco account still says the game is cancelled. I have send another email seeking clarification on the matter.

Comment

I haven't heard anything either after my NERD RAGE!!!1111 email. Haven't been checked my account though... I take it no one has had an actual email reply to a complaint yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lime-01R View Post
              Oh the confusion. Ordered both L4D2 and Modern Warfare2, received an awaiting dispatch email straight away on Saturday. Received a cancellation email re:L4D2 on Monday and a phone call that evening to say that the MW2 was cancel pending, apologies etc.
              Find the the money has been reserved and then 1am Wednesday morning received a dispatched email re:MW2. Speak to my bank during the day and found out a 2nd charge reflecting MW2s cost is now pending but the original is still there too. Speak to Tesco and they say it was indeed sent out and charged for Wednesday morning and that the original order will get refunded at up to 10 working days. I complain and state I may well send the MW2 back for a refund as I do not appreciate their bad service, quick to take my money but not honor their mistake and so on.
              Now I find out a package from Tesco arrived at my house (I'm away incidentally) with Wednesdays post. If MW2 was posted out Wednesday morning surely it couldnt have arrived same day? I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get home.
              You should have gotten us to give you spoilers!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                I haven't heard anything either after my NERD RAGE!!!1111 email. Haven't been checked my account though... I take it no one has had an actual email reply to a complaint yet?
                Nope. As expected, of course.

Comment

I did in fact get an email from them.

This is what it said:

Thank you for contacting us about your recent order for the Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox 360 game that was cancelled. Please accept our apologies for this and any confusion this has caused. We fully appreciate how annoying this type of error can be and would like to take this opportunity to explain what has happened.

Unfortunately, there was an error in the price at the time that you placed your order, and as a result we had to cancel this item in your order and you were not charged for this game. We have copied the terms and conditions from our website for your information :-

‘If, by mistake, we have under priced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the product to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the product at that price. If you decide not to order the product, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our refund policy in section 6.’

As a gesture of goodwill, we offered you ?2 off your next order with Tesco Entertainment. If you would like to re-order the game it is now available again on our website at the correct price of ?36.71.

We hope this helps to clarify the issue for you and that you continue to enjoy the many great offers we have this Christmas on our Entertainment site.

Kind Regards
                  I've responded by saying I understand the T&C's but that doesn't explain why some people have still got theirs and in some case multiple copies, and if they want proof I can give it to them. Added "Is it that those customers are some how special, or that their money is better than mine?'

I've also said that if Tesco as a company can make ?3bn profit in a year why are they not willing to sell a few thousand copies of a game below cost price? Ended it by saying unless I can get the game for ?15, I won't be shopping in any Tesco stores online or retail, and will be telling everyone I know to do the same

Will see if that gets me anywhere

Comment

The debit (28 Nov) and credit (1 Dec) now appear on my online credit card statement.

Comment

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
                      I did in fact get an email from them.

This is what it said:

I've responded by saying I understand the T&C's but that doesn't explain why some people have still got theirs and in some case multiple copies, and if they want proof I can give it to them. Added "Is it that those customers are some how special, or that their money is better than mine?'

I've also said that if Tesco as a company can make ?3bn profit in a year why are they not willing to sell a few thousand copies of a game below cost price? Ended it by saying unless I can get the game for ?15, I won't be shopping in any Tesco stores online or retail, and will be telling everyone I know to do the same

Will see if that gets me anywhere
                      I got the very same email and unsurprisingly replied in kind. Still awaiting another response, but hopefully if enough people are kicking up a fuss, at the very least our compensatory voucher might increase in value.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                        The debit (28 Nov) and credit (1 Dec) now appear on my online credit card statement.
                        pfft I can beat that. They credited my account then took the money!

Comment

lol, you should complain to your bank, saying Tesco took money out of your account without your say so!

Comment

Well I fired off an email to Tesco last night too.
                            Not just for the L4D2 craziness but also because of the item I ordered over 2 wks ago which still hasnt turned up & that I never even got an update on, & the fact that when I went to cancel & re-order using the ?2 code they wouldnt let me. Plus when I phoned them they told me they'd just had them arrive in stock that day (yeah riiiiiight! ) & it would be despatched soon, but still no sign of it being sent (phew!)

Comment

wtf the bastards cancelled my order and the money was stuck in pending on my card, i check today and they have now actually Stolen the money as its no longer pending and has been debited to them, what number should i phone and what email please,?

Comment

I checked my bank account, and I too had money credited to my account then debited. Wtf is going on? I've not even had a reply from tesco yet.
                                Last edited by Synthesthesia; 04-12-2009, 22:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X