Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - ?15 @ Tesco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are f*ckin useless.

............& still no sign of my other order being sent (even tho the guy on the phone said they had stock)

...........& still no sign of anyone @ Tesco Entertainment responding to my email.

Basts!

Comment

No reply to mine either. If this doesn't end good I think I'll boycott tesco, I've bought quite a bit off them recently so they can shove it if I don't get my l4d2 at the same price as the people who were blatently profiteering.

Comment

still have my money even tho the order was cancelled before it left the pending payment stage ? isnt this illigal on tescos part?

Comment

Remember I mentioned that I tried to cancel an order that I'd waited 2 wks for, then place a 2nd order for it, then had to cancel the 2nd order due to me not being able to cancel the 1st order? (please keep up! )
          Well even though I cancelled the 2nd order within minutes they STILL took the money for it!!

Bloody cheeky feckers!!

Comment

I'm getting on the blower to Tesco tomorrow. Still no reply to any of my three emails, and they still have not refunded the ?15 for the game they didn't send. Scumbags.

Comment

ive just phoned them, they took my money after the cancellation email. and said it was refunded automatically in 3-5 days, it has not ive now just called my bank and there is no record of it,

where do i stand legally on this,?

Comment

Tired of nil response, I called Tesco and Consumer Direct today, here is the long story short:

Tesco are unwilling to honour the £15 price and feel charging (refunding) and not despatching is legally fair and within their T & C.

Trading Standards/Consumer Direct say it is a contract breach and each person should argue loss of bargain. TS/CD have a template letter which they will post to you if you need help.

Loss of bargain, means that you can buy the item elsewhere and Tesco should reimburse you the difference, putting you in the same position, had the contract been honoured i.e. if you choose to buy the game from Asda for £39.99, Tesco should reimburse you £24.99.

I will be pursuing the above, but I will give Tesco the courtesy of my intent, and one weeks notice before I action it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Oooooo that sounds promising!

My other order finally despatched today after nearly 3 wks. Usually depsatched in 3-5 days my arse!!

.........However still no email regarding my L4D2 order or getting my £2 voucher back

Comment

Any chance of a link to that template devilcrush?

Comment

Ditto - would be v useful.

I'd have just left this, but am annoyed than a week later and they still haven't refunded my on my credit card

Comment

I had my order cancelled and they did take the money, but they credited it back again the same day. It's annoying that some people got their copies including people who ordered 5 copies or whatever.

Comment

im in the same boat as you Morcerf, ive tried emailing i even phoned them and they were very unhelpful

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                            im in the same boat as you Morcerf, ive tried emailing i even phoned them and they were very unhelpful
                            I found Terry Leahy's email address online last night and sent him a message saying I was unhappy with the service. Received a reply this morning saying it is receiving attention. All I want is my ?15 back - although if I got the game for that price I'd still be happy with that!

Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
                              Any chance of a link to that template devilcrush?
                              Sure thing, I got these today and uploaded to Rapidshare:

The templates are OK, but your best bet is to also look at this template letter and amalgamate the two:

loss of bargain

Think its too much hassle? That's probably what Tesco are banking on.

Comment

We all need to contact Watchdog and say we've been charged, we should get our games!

Comment

Working...
                                X