No announcement yet.

Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - ?15 @ Tesco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their email is [email protected] if you want to complain.

I hope everyone does.

Comment

Well that has pissed me off. If it's a misprice then you either honour them all or don't honour it at all. You certainly don't honour it to people who have ordered multiple copies either way!

I won't be buying from Tesco online from now on that's for sure. Even if it costs a bit more i'd rather support someone else than fill their ever increasingly large pockets with my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
        Their email is [email protected] if you want to complain.

I hope everyone does.
        I can only echo this. At the worst, lets cause them a major headache for their lies.

Comment

Now that is just silly, they made a mistake offering it but you would think they would properly vet the amount people ordered limit it to one per customer and bite the bullet. Not let someone skank 5 Ebay copies then cancel legitimate purchases.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
          Someone on HUKD got five copies through and has posted a picture....

Comment

Well, I was prepared to let it go until I saw fulfilled orders in this thread. An annoyed e-mail to Tesco is currently en route, though I'm expecting to be fobbed off. Quite irritated that the eBay hounds at HUKD have spoilt it for everyone who wants to play it, really.

Comment

Not wanting to play devil's advocate here but I doubt they 'honoured' any orders intentionally. Their own Ts & Cs state that if they notify you of a dispatch then they must honour a mis-pricing, and it would be pretty standard retailer practice if the orders that have been fulfilled reached this stage in a completely automated fashion - I'm sure they would love to cancel them, but they know by their own terms that they cannot. I'm sure there are plenty of factors that eventually stopped this from auto-dispatching (be it a lack of stock, manual intervention by the work exp boy who realised his cock-up, or otherwise), which gave them an opportunity to cancel the rest.

I am willing to put money on their web team not being in the office on the weekend, and that if this were to have happened on an office day it would've been spotted and stopped before any dispatched at all. I will be over the moon if I receive a copy, and can appreciate the frustration of those of who missed out (especially those who were in quick - technically I can see how this might have happened but this is very difficult for the retailer themselves to justify). I am quite placid given my order's fulfilled (and I'd probably be the same if it wasn't), but I'm all behind people raising their voices - however by ticking the box saying "I agree to the Terms and Conditions" when you order, any legal leg there was to stand on has been swept away. I think the only course of action that'll lead anywhere is to appeal to Tesco's brand loyalty - they do insane things for PR and to keep people coming back to them, and I'm sure if it got high enough within the company there'd be someone a bit more lackadasical with their budget willing to write off a few cheap video games in exchange for some positive press.

The HUKD -> eBay scum (and those congratulating them) leave me with a slightly sick taste in my mouth however. Makes me wonder why any company would be inclined to do the "right thing (tm)".

Comment

They've taken £15 from me, so if I don't get the game I'm going back to Tesco and taking another trolley

Comment

I got my £12.50 copy from Currys yesterday. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    however by ticking the box saying "I agree to the Terms and Conditions" when you order, any legal leg there was to stand on has been swept away.
                    It doesn't work like. Case law has been set which proves just because you tick that box it doesn't wave away someone's basic rights and leave them no redress.

As I said before, if their T&C's are interpreted as what is known in law as a restrictive statement, then they mean nothing.

Comment

Me and Fuse got ours yesterday

Comment

I'm glad people who actually really wanted the game (to play) got their copies but at the same time i'm a bit annoyed by Tesco as I don't think it's fair that I didnt get mine. lol

Comment

has anyone got there pending transaction refunds yet?

Comment

They reserved the £15 on my credit card, but as yet it hasn't appeared in the transactions list and nor have the reserved funds been released.

Comment

Checked my bank & the ?15 has been credited back.

However, I am still waiting for my copy of Protoype from them & its been 2 wks now, so I decided to cancel & re order using the ?2 code Tesco gave me.
                              I got an email from Tesco stating that I cant cancel it as its processing, so I cancel the 2nd order so that I dont get 2.
                              I check my bank today & still no sign of the cost of Prototype taken.

WTF is going on with their website ffs!!

Comment

Seriously, I say we all go out and steal a trolley from our local Tesco. If the internet got in on this, it'd cripple them for Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                                X