No announcement yet.

Manga DVD anime sale on thehut/zavvi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Claymore any good then? Complete anime noob here, so I'm trying to take advantage of these offers to try out a few bits a and bobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Is Claymore any good then? Complete anime noob here, so I'm trying to take advantage of these offers to try out a few bits a and bobs.
      Not seen it myself but have heard good things.

If you can get them cheap enough & don't mind an Anime that goes on forever then I'd definitely recommend getting started on Naruto & Bleach both should be sub ?10 in the sale for relevant volumes

If you want shorter series then Death Note & Hellsing Ultimate would be top of my list

Neil

Comment

Thanks. I've made a start on Naruto recently already funnily enough. I'll check out the others though, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          Bleach & Evangelion both shipped over the weekend for moe so now the wait begins
          Me thinks you've been watching too much anime already!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Me thinks you've been watching too much anime already!!
            Lol

My spelling is getting worse lately
            I blame it on trying to post quickly while I'm supposed to be working lol

Comment

Dispatched e-mails received today at 17:46.

Comment

Received the majority if my stuff today, everything but death note and Noein which were sent later than the others

Comment

Eva arrived today.

Comment

My Baccano set finally arrived today but I'm still waiting on 2 more orders.

Comment

The Guyver arrived today, innards completely smashed to pieces thanks to Zavvi's knuckleheaded insistence on jiffy bags. Don't know if it's worth sending it back for an exchange as they'll probably claim to be out of stock- might try Manga themselves to see if they have any spare cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                        The Guyver arrived today, innards completely smashed to pieces thanks to Zavvi's knuckleheaded insistence on jiffy bags. Don't know if it's worth sending it back for an exchange as they'll probably claim to be out of stock- might try Manga themselves to see if they have any spare cases.
                        Strange, my Death Note arrived yesterday in a very well padded and sealed box from DHL!

Of course then I dropped it down a gravel slope while moving my new sofa and dented/scuffed the corner badly, but thats a different story...

Saying that, the Death Note boxset is pretty hefty, maybe thats why they used courier on it?

Good choice on Guyver mind you! Not a patch on the original series though...all the emotion of the epic moments are completely gone, the fights and deaths are over before they really begin sadly. Its a shame because they were done so well before.

Its pretty PG-13 and sterile for a show which advertises itself on being "the new face of ultra violence". As a massive fan of the original though, it was nice to see a bit more of how the story played out. Only problem was that I expected more of it...the story only just reaches the original series 12 episode run at about episode 18-19, so there wasnt alot of time for much more.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, picked up Ouran High School Host Club.

Comment

So far I've had a mix of boxes and jiffy bags. Don't know why they don't just use boxes for everything.

Comment

Different suppliers and delivery depots I guess.
                              Both of my orders have now arrived.

Comment

My orders have all arrived now and thankfully all in mint condition.

Comment

Working...
                                X