Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Games Related Bargains Thread NTSC/PAL (posts without bargains will be removed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy View Post
    After receiving 3 imports in a row i complained again & after a bunch of calls they finally admitted that all their copies of Pokemon & Magical Starsign were US imports & they wouldnt actually be able to send a PAL game.
    Before admitting it though they tried fobbing me off with ****e like "the packaging is US but the game inside is a PAL one"

Wouldnt be a problem if them stated it on site but they dont. Instead they list the games as being UK ones & lie about the price by putting "our price ?17.99, RRP ?29.99"

They're a bunch of misleading *****.

So id be wary whenever you see PLAY reducing recent PAL DS releases.
    Nintendo are supplying PAL people with with US versions of games for some reason.
    HMV had US Something of the Mana game sitting next to the PAL version.

Comment

They have changed the UK boxes to be in line with the US ones.

Comment

Amazon uk are doing the Resi 4 chainsaw controller for £8.99

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          Nintendo are supplying PAL people with with US versions of games for some reason.
          HMV had US Something of the Mana game sitting next to the PAL version.
          Nintendo wouldnt be supplying them with imports. No chance.
          If it really was one & not just a PAL game in one of the tninner cases then its more likely to have been a second hand copy.

I actually spoke to Nintendo about Play selling imports as PAL aswell & they were saying how they've had problems with the likes of them & other online retailers doing this.

Comment

If it really was one & not just a PAL game in one of the tninner cases then its more likely to have been a second hand copy.

I actually spoke to Nintendo about Play selling imports as PAL aswell & they were saying how they've had problems with the likes of them & other online retailers doing this.
            In regards to trade-in values on US DS games, do places like Gamestation offer less for US versions?

Comment

I read ages ago that they are phasing the white Euro DS boxes out, maybe it's just that?

Comment

That was only due to shortages over xmas, and only Nintendo titles

Comment

It's more likely to be dodgy grey-importing distributors. There are quite a few in the business, getting cheap english language stock from southern europe or USA.

Comment

Nope, they were brand new. ?34.99 in the US cases, ESRB rating. They even had the for sales only in the US canada and Mexico on the back.
                    Strangely when I compared them to the PAL versions sitting next to them, they had the exact same barcode.

Comment

Nope, they were brand new. ?34.99 in the US cases, ESRB rating. They even had the for sales only in the US canada and Mexico on the back.
                      Strangely when I compared them to the PAL versions sitting next to them, they had the exact same barcode.
                      No he wasnt suggesting they werent American, He was saying Nintendo wouldn't provide PLAY.com with imports, Play.com would have imported them from America (by themselves or using a 3rd party) as they're cheaper to buy from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                        No he wasnt suggesting they werent American, He was saying Nintendo wouldn't provide PLAY.com with imports, Play.com would have imported them from America (by themselves or using a 3rd party) as they're cheaper to buy from there.
                        But he was talking about how I saw HMV selling US versions of Children of the Mana on DS in store.

Comment

But he was talking about how I saw HMV selling US versions of Children of the Mana on DS in store.
                          oh sorry thought you were still on about play

Comment

HMV are selling US imports- I've had a good look at a number of carts and they end with USA instead of EUR. They're supplied under different catalogue numbers too, with a very long number replacing the nice NINxxx Euro one. Nintendo seem to have trouble keeping up with their orders so I think they're sourcing stock from the US for UK retailers- ironic, really! I'd imagine the same goes for Play too, as I'd be very surprised if they were importing DS games themselves.

Anyway, not to derail:

Starfox Command (JAP DS) is 7.65GBP in the Play-Asia sale.

Comment

Choicesuk.com 10% off code: SPECIAL - valid untill end of April 1st.

Earth Defence Force (XBox 360) -10% = £16.19
                              Heatseeker (Wii) -10% = £26.99
                              Age Of Empires (DS) -10% = £11.69

extra 5% using quidco aswell.
                              Last edited by andy; 29-03-2007, 03:46.

Comment

Looks like HMV have noticed their "?5 error" from looking at this. There is now no option to pre-order, you can only register your interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X