Wonderful 101 (WiiU) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful 101 (WiiU) review

After playing through this I have to say the controls were a little annoying, I kept changing leader instead I of drawing the right weapon. It got better with time and being able to use the R stick on the gamepad.
    I was very pleased that you can change the audio /text to Japanese as I just prefer it that way.
    Extremely colourful and cheery, slightly annoying that the camera that stays zoomed in during sections,making it difficult see remaining enemies.

Otherwise, looking outpod .
    Last edited by kryss; 03-09-2013, 13:16.

Any mention if demo data is brought over to the full game?

Comment

more importantly does it have that platinum feel to it?

Comment

I was actually really disappointed with this

Fiddly to control and kind of weird coming straight from Pikmin to this as it kinda looks/feels the same in several regards

Comment

I liked it. I'm just not sure how much.

The demo does kind of throw you in at the deep end and it took a while for it to click.

It looks lovely. All cartoony chunk and bright colours. I like the way you can have multiple hands/swords/guns dependent on the size of your crowd.

It's a little weird that drawing a circle either recruits or creates fist based on whether you press a button or not and I'd have liked camera control.

The section / puzzle where you go into the small building and use the GamePad was cool.

It's still a Day1 for me but more as a showing of support for New IP and original ideas rather than because it's a AAA GotY contender. Although, maybe the final version will have a proper tutorial and better explain things.

Comment

Haven't even played it but the 8 minute trailer story thing I watched earlier was quite engrossing.

Definitely has a strong Viewtiful Joe vibe in the design of things. Plenty of nods to Bayonetta too.

Could turn out to be something special, or simply just an enjoyable title.

Comment

So WTF is going on exactly?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Considering the developers recent out put, which by all accounts has been rubbish, Im not exactly expecting amazing things from this.

Its a pretty crap demo though, doesn't really the you a good introduction to the game.

Comment

Can't see this matching up to Pikmin 3 in the quality stakes, was fun to play for a while, but didn't grab me by the wotsits, sure maybe fun for an hour, but will have to wait and see if it's a game that's good enough to sink 20+ hours in. Reviews should start appearing in ten days time, more will be revealed then.

Comment

WTF?

I thought we had a killer app with this game?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                      WTF?

I thought we had a killer app with this game?
                      It's good. I think it's a grower. There's a possibility that people have gotten ahead of themselves due to it's being developed by Platinum and the pedigree they bring to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        I was actually really disappointed with this

Fiddly to control and kind of weird coming straight from Pikmin to this as it kinda looks/feels the same in several regards
                        This described it pretty much bang on for me.

Comment

Hmm, demo just finished downloading. Sounds like it's worth getting but not on Day 1 which in some ways might be ideal for me, that week is a busy one.

Comment

I think I'll pass based upon the demo. It's just like a "different" version of Pikmin. Back to MH3U I go.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Very disappointed by the demo and off my to buy list. Awkward camera and zero explanation on the things, fiddly controls sums it up perfectly all of this draw the circle and line nonsense!!

Add that to the fact you pretty much seem to only have to press one button combined with the odd L or R press. I realize it's a demo but it was not engaging in the slightest. I felt like a by stander and somebody else was playing the game for me. The newspapers coming in every two seconds are pretty annoying too.

Definitely won't be paying full price for it, maybe if it comes down to $25 or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X