This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The only silver lining to that is if it’s leaving it might be on special offer to buy.
    There's a big sale on the Xbox Store at the moment, runs until 4th Aug (IIRC) so GTAV (which is in Game Pass for the 2nd time since 8th April) is up for £12.49 currently in that sale - all games on Game Pass have a discount for purchase tho, so would be £19.99 with that discount.

Comment

Keep forgetting about the discount when you buy it and it's still in game pass...

Just been installing before bed. Saw the trailer and thought it looked fantastic.

Comment

Halo Beta incoming very soon...

Comment

I'd recommend taking a look at "Last Stop" which was recently added to Game Pass - wouldn't have given this one a second glance, but after playing the prologue and first chapter of John's story, I've come away impressed. It's more a story based adventure along the lines of the style of The Walking Dead with you making dialogue choices along the way, with less action and more walking.

Definitely some fun writing in it and one you can just have a relax gaming session with - so one for the slow paced story based game fans.

Comment

Cheers Marty I actually saw someone else recommend that one... Wasn't sure what it was about.

The Ascent is also out tomorrow... Game Pass is going crazy right now!

Comment

Comment

And to strike balance, the Series consoles are the fastest selling Xbox.

Comment

It's amazing how over the place the Halo franchise is visually entry to entry. Infinite has improved but that video screams 2014 circa Xbox One

Comment

I love it to be honest. They've purposely gone back to the aesthetics of earlier entries but kept it looking fairly inline with the newer mechanics as well.

It's very much old school Halo with a lick of paint, plus keep in mind this runs at 120fps on Series consoles as well. The emphasis is on gameplay rather than graphics but all up I think it looks rather slick.

Comment

Dull as dishwater, looks like every other online fps now.

Comment

Looks very basic.

Comment

Like in the past, I'm fairly impressed by Halo's endurance as it's a very dated style of FPS with often middling visuals and a terrible storyline but it's outlasted a ton. I feel the GAAS style of Infinite will really begin to unpick the series appeal as the gen rolls on though

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Dull as dishwater, looks like every other online fps now.
                            Every other FPS is a battle royale at this stage... Exception being Battlefield.

Honestly I don't care what it looks like it's about how it plays. Halo has endured because the gameplay is excellent... That's it.

Most FPS coming out have borrowed ideas from it so similarities probably stem from that.

I guess if you didn't like Halo before this doesn't change anything.
                            Last edited by nonny; 29-07-2021, 10:30.

Comment

I like Halo, it just looks dull. Lets hope the campaign wows in a big way and has great coop.

Comment

If you compare the Halo vid to Apex Legends gameplay or Doom, this looks like it was made 10+ years ago.

As a quick comparison, check a vid of Halo 2 multiplayer. Ignore the graphics and watch the gameplay, then check the new video.
                                Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 29-07-2021, 11:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X