• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the PC suppliers Marty.

Comment

Much appreciated chaps, thanks

Comment

I'm very interested in this.

Can someone give me a link to the BB Adapter I need please?

Comment

http://www.game.uk.com sells them for ?20 with Twisted Metal Black Online

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by DjSatansfury
              http://www.game.uk.com sells them for ?20 with Twisted Metal Black Online

Cheers.

I found it at Play.com for ?18 delivered.

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

It would have been ?21.50 with Twisted Metal from Game and I don't need that game.

Comment

I've a few unlocked Xbox 8gig HDDs sitting about.
                Would I be able to use one of these ok? As I want to try it out before splashing out on a bigger HDD.

Comment

I'll have to get this as my JP PS2 came with a 40Gb Hdd and network adaptor. I think I'll just install all my favourite PS2 games on it

Please tell me GTA3/VC load really fast.

Comment

I just had a look at the 2 Xbox hdds i've sitting here, but none of the pins line up

Comment

Have read a few negative comments about using the Sony PS2 HDD with the HDLoader (something to do with it wiping important system files, or something).

You won't be able to use those 8 gig Xbox hard drives because the HDLoader doesn't support anything below 40 gig.

Have also noticed a few niggles here and there with installing games. Every now and again it'll get into a rut where it says certain games are 'not a PS2 disc' or words to that effect. Sometimes it'll snap out of it after a reboot, sometimes it's the case that the game simply won't install. It wouldn't let me install my original copy of Wipeout Fusion for this reason so I actually had to download a group release off the net which then did work. Crazy - especially considering that Wipeout isn't even a DVD9 game.

Still an awesome product; I'm just pointing out any quirks I happen to find.

Comment

Sounds very promising!
                        Does it also increase performance (FPS) in games like GTA3 or Beyond Good & Evil that do not run all that well on the PS2?

Comment

Just improves loading times, it dosen't make a game run smoother etc

Comment

Just got my HD loader and what an excellent piece of software.

Installed in two minutes and have about 10 of my games installed on it with no problems!

Games load much quicker, and so far no problems with anything.

This is great when I am working away as no more karting loads of cd's with me.

Would recommend this! (Got mine from ebay)

Cheers

Iain

Comment

What HDD are you using Iain?

Also, can anyone post a picture of what the bloody rig looks like? I can't picture a big fat HDD coming out of the back of the PS2 for some reason

Presumably it's all powered through the Network adapter and the PS2?

I've got a Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 120 Gig 8meg cache jobbie on its way to me.

Comment

The hdd fits inside the PS2* - remember than in Japan and US official Sony hdd kits are available.

There are ide and power connectors on the inward facing side of the bba.

*The first Japanese model PS2 doesn't actually have this internal drive bay, and an external hdisk and vertical stand were specially released for that version. The coolest looking PS2 when complete, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X