Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I see. Well that makes it better.

I've never really looked at the back of my PS2

Any probelms with the HDD running too hot like the Brick ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
      What HDD are you using Iain?

Also, can anyone post a picture of what the bloody rig looks like? I can't picture a big fat HDD coming out of the back of the PS2 for some reason

Presumably it's all powered through the Network adapter and the PS2?

I've got a Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 120 Gig 8meg cache jobbie on its way to me.

I have the same hard drive as the one you have ordered and it works fine.

The hard drive slots inside the ps2, just remove the back cover.

Will get a photo on later today.

Iain

Comment

In case anyone missed it, weve had this up for a few days now - http://www.ntsc-uk.com/feature.php?fea=HDLoader

Comment

I've put in a 120GB Samsung Spinpoint. Does anyone think there will be a problem with the faster HDs getting too hot?

Comment

Nah, there's loads of space around the HDD and ventilation is no problem either. Much better situation than the Xbox.

PS I'm assuming the HDD worked? What it the model number?

Comment

SP1213N

The only discs I've had trouble with are - Contra (asia) and Skygunner (us). I had to try a few times to get it to install Skygunner, maybe the disc was dusty.. I might try downloading a copy of Contra.

Comment

I got my HD Loader disc this morning.
                One thing i'm not to clear on as i've not had a chance to check and the manual doesn't cover it.
                Do you need to have the HD Loader disk in all the time when playing games off the HHD drive?

Comment

You can eject the HDloader disc when the menu has loaded.

The 1st installed game from my collection to not work properly is wordimagesoundplay, which crashes soon after loading. It's not the most essential PS2 game to have on a hard disc though
                  Last edited by mezzanine; 23-06-2004, 16:42.

Comment

The fact you have to boot the disc sort of takes the edge off it as a 'no more DREs' solution.

Comment

It kinda puts a downer on it, as i was hoping to use no discs at all

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                        The fact you have to boot the disc sort of takes the edge off it as a 'no more DREs' solution.
                        Well, yeas and no.

The PS2 will only have to do a quick read of the boot disc each time and won't be strained going back and forth on the game disc when playing a game off disc so it is still very good IMHO.

Comment

Does anyone have a clue about what Mode 1,2 & 3 do?
                          I seen it on http://www.hdloader.com/site.php?page=compatibility, but it dosen't mention it in my manual or on the site as to how to change it etc?

Comment

Spinpug I think you just press the select button to change modes.

Just got my hdloader and I'm using a DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD/2MB Buffer which I got from SVP Communications, forgot to look what the model number was.

Works a treat so far, installed Pro Evo 3 (2 gigs) and currently installing Headhunter (3 gigs).

Comment

I'm also having problems with games with similar names.
                              King of Fighters is giving me grief. I've named it as 'The King Of Fighters 2000' which is fine. When I try to stick KOF2001 on named as 'The King Of Fighters 2001' it says that it can't name it that as it already is there. I've stuck it on as KOF2001, but i'd rather have them side by side on the menu

I've stuck on Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo Concept and Gran Turismo 4 Prolougue with no probs!

Comment

I had a problem with entering Grand Theft.........III (US) and G.......Vice City (US). I managed to get round it though by editing the name in small stages, I'll see if I can get both KOF2000 & 2001 in my menu.

I've tested all my games now

Contra - doesn't install (tried original ASIA disc and downloaded copy)
                                Macross - installs but just a black screen when I load it (original JPN)
                                wordsoundimageplay - crashes when choosing game mode (original JPN)

I've had trouble with my HDloader disc not loading sometimes and it's a pain ejecting the disc each time after loading a game to cut down on the noise from the PS2. I'd much rather get the loader program working from the memory card but I'd need a better mod chip for that :|

Comment

Working...
                                X