No announcement yet.

Gradius V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a few goes on this and am loving it so far. This was my highlight of E3, and so far at least Ive not been let down. Back to basics gameplay is instantly satisfying, the graphics are beautifully drawn and backgrounds are well rendered in the two levels Ive seen so far. With 4 pods and lasers its some pretty lethal destruction, I like the sound the red organic things make when you destroy them in particular. Can anyone find a use for the double shot? I always bypass it and go straight for the laser myself. I also use Type 4 at present.

Comment

Like the previous games in the series, its good to switch between the double shot and the laser depending on the situation.

Comment

All of the different types have their uses it's just about how you plan to tackle the level. I've done the first level on all 4 types on 1 life. I'm still trying to find out my hit zone of the ship. This game is designed very well. Not to mention the game is two players at the same time and the music rocks!

I can easily recommend it so far to anyone

Comment

Is slowdown an issue, as people were worried it might be?

Comment

None so far only slowdown i've seen is at the end of the first boss but that doesn't really matter.

The problem today is today consoles don't have enough 2d power it seems
            But in gameplay i've seen no slowdown

Comment

Where have you guys got your copies from so quickly?

Comment

play-asia im guessing. they most probably ordered the jap version, im waiting out for the korean version with dvd and artbook. apparently its out monday now.

Comment

I've ordered 2 1 standard one from Play Asia - got the LTD version on order with VGI which hasnt arrived yet.

Comment

Is anyone buying The Perfect DVD?

Comment

NCSX have been kind enough to provide a pictorial breakdown of what's on the Options DVD that comes with the limited edition - click

Seems to be some interviews, a super play of level 5 & some artwork.

Comment

Yeah, I ordered the DVD along with the Korean version + extras from play-asia. The expected release date has disappeared though, so I could be in for a wait.

Good job I ordered the vanilla JPN version ages ago (now in transit)

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X
                          play-asia im guessing. they most probably ordered the jap version, im waiting out for the korean version with dvd and artbook. apparently its out monday now.
                          I've got the Jpn version ordered from Play Asia but they only shipped on Tuesday. If they have come from there then thats some super quick delivery whichever method they have come by.

Comment

My views posted on another forum:

OMG!! I managed to play this today at a mate's house and basically played through a level and a bit - only had 30 mins at his place.

First off, this is EASILY the best looking shoot-em-up I have ever seen on ANY system. Better even than the mighty Ikaruga on Cube

The Vic Viper seems larger than I remember in comparison to the rest of the screen which can be a problem with weaving in and out of the bullets etc but they have been generous with the collision detection thank goodness.

First level starts off thick and fast with the usual cannon fodder and then moves onto the bit where you have those red globe things. These are amazing to look at. Animated wiith some gorgeous texture effects.

End of level baddie then warps in through a worm hole or something - and, once again, its arrival is a sight to behold. The visuals really are second to none IMHO!

Another huge improvement is in the animation. The little dinky turrets now rotate and point their little guns at you so fluidly it almost seems a shame to shoot them!

Managed to just get to the second level then had to go back to work. I won't spoil for you. Suffice to say it also looks amazing.

I am shaking at the thought of mine arriving. This could be my game of the year already!!

Comment

Those bosses look ****ing hard ...

... ^_^

Comment

Lucky the hit detection of the ship is small it's bloody brilliant the way it's designed. Shame the demo shows the ikarugish level design it's about where your ship is for the perfect run

Comment

Working...
                                X