Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fearbat
    Yeah,

the only way you would of seen the treasure is if you sat on the chair, which was a risk as the QTE is described as just "???".

Nice little moment in the game though.

I'm still confused! (Sprry!) I sat in the chair and nothing happened. I already noticed a treasure before I sat down on the wall opposite. When I sat in the chair I got the ??? didn't know what was going on and just left it. Leon got up, so I sat in the chair again, and the same thing happened?

What was I supposed to do?!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Friction

I'm still confused! (Sprry!) I sat in the chair and nothing happened. I already noticed a treasure before I sat down on the wall opposite. When I sat in the chair I got the ??? didn't know what was going on and just left it. Leon got up, so I sat in the chair again, and the same thing happened?

What was I supposed to do?!

Thanks
      I honestly don't think you were meant to do anything.

IMO The chair cutscene was just a funny moment, I'm currently replaying the game and am yet to get back to that part but as soon as I do I'll make sure I check that room again just incase I missed a trick or something. As far as I could tell though, all the chair QTE did in a practical sense was point out some treasure.

Comment

I assumed it was a Castlevania reference. In Aria Of Sorrows bad ending Soma strikes a similar pose.

Comment

Can anyone please tell me what the differnce is between the Canadian and USA version?

and will it work on a pal cube with a free loader please?
          thank you
          Last edited by yesteryeargames; 11-02-2005, 14:08.

Comment

I can confirm the canadian one will work with freeloader (1.6b was the one my bro' used) i presume the US will work too...

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames
              Can anyone please tell me what the differnce is between the Canadian and USA version?

and will it work on a pal cube with a free loader please?
              thank you
              The Canadian game comes with an English and French manual (and some French on the box). Apart from that there is no difference, the game is in English whole.

Comment

Just finished it for the second time

Hit Ratio: 73%
                Kills: 983
                No. Times Killed: 23
                Time: 11.38.xx

Awesome game...absolutely unbelievably awesome. IMO it's the best game I've ever played and the best overall game experience I've had in, well, since I started playing games tbh

Comment

Awesome game...absolutely unbelievably awesome. IMO it's the best game I've ever played and the best overall game experience I've had in, well, since I started playing games tbh
                  That good? I'm enjoying it too, best version at least by a long shot

Comment

You know... I am actually sad it is over!! A game that constantly raises the stakes and gives you something fresh with each boss and set piece!! A marvel to play and fantasticlly addictive and enjoyable!! Now for playin on Pro and Mercenaries mode!!

aint enjoyed a game this much in a long time... A MUST PLAY for every gamer!!

Comment

Well, despite initial reservations after the demo I did get the game and it is steadily improving as I play and i'm still early on. So far so good, but not to the dizzy heights many have raved over it. Hopefully by the end though...

Comment

As with all genres, all games and things alike, there are always going to be differing opinions. Some people will like Resident Evil 4?s new direction (as it focuses on the impact of survival, a rush, and an adrenaline rather then forcing the player to feel fear. RE4 tries to offer a different type of tension and fear imo? the fear pointing towards being chased by a crazed murderer, rather then the fear walking down a dark, unknown corridor) others will not. Some will dislike the fairly basic and unemotional plot and characters, others like myself will like it. Many players will allow themselves to be engrossed by the thick atmosphere and wander the environments with trembling hands? Whereas others will run, shoot and cover and be fairly unmoved by it.

But...

...One thing I think cant be disregarded or ignored (as has become even more apparent during my re-play through professional) is just how fun Resident Evil 4 is to play. For me personally it was more fun because I was truly engrossed by the sheer beauty of its canvas? and I thoroughly enjoyed the character/plot development? but those things are just the building blocks placed on a highly stable foundation imo. I kinda see it like a spider diagram where the word ?fun? is the center focus and then spiraling out are things like ?atmosphere?, ?plot?, etc etc

?That?s why I understand the reason some people wont be as impressed as others because some people prefer tension, others prefer action etc? in my eyes however Resident Evil 4 is one of the better games of recent years because it tries to pay focus on everything which makes something fun, rather then having something like ?tension? as the center word in a spider diagram.

Anyhoo... I?m playing through professional at the mo and am enjoying it considerably. Finding new items, new areas and enjoying using different weapons. Great stuff ^_^
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

A great post Adam... for a great game!!

Comment

Managed to complete this a few hours ago. The final boss was a little dissapointing what with

Ada's special rocket launcher

but still, an incredible game.

My final stats were:

Hit Ratio: 86%
                            Kills: 1091
                            No. Times Killed: 8
                            Time: 26:02

Probably gonna to play through on Professional before giving Mercenaries a proper go as it seems incredibly difficult to rack up a good score. I might buy the mine thrower too, see if it's any good.

Comment

What happened here then...

I reached the lava pit place with the two huge trolls and managed to drop one into the lava pit. That left me with one to get rid of, I ended up wasting all my ammo, but carried on after finishing it off. Though now I keep dying in the lift part that slowly goes up with hoards of badies twating me. Question is, how did you kill those huge trolls without wasting so much ammo?

Not read any spoilers so far or any guides for this, so maybe my question seems silly.

By the way

Don't those badies with the blade like claws and sticthed up eye lids freak you out when in close proximity!! Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal
                                What happened here then...

I reached the lava pit place with the two huge trolls and managed to drop one into the lava pit. That left me with one to get rid of, I ended up wasting all my ammo, but carried on after finishing it off. Though now I keep dying in the lift part that slowly goes up with hoards of badies twating me. Question is, how did you kill those huge trolls without wasting so much ammo?

Not read any spoilers so far or any guides for this, so maybe my question seems silly.

By the way

Don't those badies with the blade like claws and sticthed up eye lids freak you out when in close proximity!! Yikes
                                Is quite a tough one ammo wise...

First is a given with the lava pit!! second... Best you can do is to keep using the zip line so he is over the other side of the room when you drop, giving you time to use the most powerful weapon you have... for me it was the Sniper rifle... several shots to the face brought him to his knees... then get up on his back... green button when close... and hack away!! If you do this right you should only have to go on his back twice... requires some serious button mashing though hehe!!

Boys with the claws??

Pants filled when fighting those feckers!! A Really tough enemy when in enclosed spaces and another example of the fantastic character desin that has been put into this game!!

Doing it on Pro just now and is lots of fun... every shot counts!!

Comment

Working...
                                X