No announcement yet.

Killer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bit of an odd comparison, but stylistically, is Killer 7 Kill Bill meets Sin City?

It's how it's always struck me in the trailers and the videos. I've read things about the game having an awfully cheesy dub in places, but doesn't that aid the experience, considering it doesn't take itself seriously?

I can see this game getting ripped on by reviewers misinterpreting it for something it was never meant to be. It isn't meant to be a shoot'em'up or an adventure from what I've seen. The game looks to be a violent extention of Snatcher or some kind, and in a niche genre that's all but died off, at least it's doing something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
      It's a bit of an odd comparison, but stylistically, is Killer 7 Kill Bill meets Sin City?

It's how it's always struck me in the trailers and the videos. I've read things about the game having an awfully cheesy dub in places, but doesn't that aid the experience, considering it doesn't take itself seriously?

I can see this game getting ripped on by reviewers misinterpreting it for something it was never meant to be from what I've seen. It isn't meant to be a shoot'em'up or an adventure. The game looks to be a violent extention of Snatcher or some kind, and in a niche genre that's all but died off, at least it's doing something different.
      You're not far off there.
      The game has cheesy dub in places to 'enhance' the game's experience. The player never has a clear idea of what's going on. It really is a surreal experience which can't be put into words but just needs to be played.

Comment

It's one of those games that has to be played - I've watched a lot of gameplay videos, and none of them really told me what kind of game to expect. I thought it was just going to be like Resident Evil, and thought the game would be unplayable due to the camera angles.

It's.... It's just Killer 7. It probably shares a lot more with other games than I care to admit but it feels like it's in a genre of it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
          I CANNOT get over the last bit of the first level.

"...It's past your bedtime."

*Pulls out huge sniper rifle from back of wheelchair*

WHAAHAHAHAHA
          How about this quote from Coyote:

"Sorry pal but this is the moment that I've been waiting for. I have

to do this so the anger inside will not go away!"

Comment

I have just seen the video...completely different to what I had imagined. I never expected it to be so fast, random and downright weird!

I can see this becoming the next PN03 - people missing the point thinking it is meant to be an adventure\score attack. It's neither - just an example of shootin' while lookin' cool. Maybe.

Mine shipped yesterday, and I cannot wait

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
              You're not far off there.
              The game has cheesy dub in places to 'enhance' the game's experience. The player never has a clear idea of what's going on. It really is a surreal experience which can't be put into words but just needs to be played.
              Originally posted by Silvergun X
              It's one of those games that has to be played - I've watched a lot of gameplay videos, and none of them really told me what kind of game to expect. I thought it was just going to be like Resident Evil, and thought the game would be unplayable due to the camera angles.

It's.... It's just Killer 7. It probably shares a lot more with other games than I care to admit but it feels like it's in a genre of it's own.
              Cheers. I've seen all the trailers and read a number of hands-on impressions, but the game allusively still seems a mystery to me. One of those that you're just not going to understand until you've played it for yourself first hand. I suppose the fusion of styles, genres, themes, ideas and all the little intricacies that go up to making it an 'experience' title probably need to be digested and taken in as a whole.

I'm glad people are still willing to pump out stuff like this, especially when you consider the depressingly conservative state that was this year's E3.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                Mine shipped yesterday, and I cannot wait
                I'm tempted to order from Play-Asia now, but I don't want to miss out on anything due to the language barrier. The US version comes out on the 7th of next month, although due to the fact it usually takes between 5-7 days to ship to the UK, I'm probably going to wait for the PAL version, which was oddly also due on the 7th, but has been put back a week, missing the marketing date coup.

Comment

Saur's video looks amazing. Any news if the US one is going to be censored? F*** you etc...

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                    I have just seen the video...completely different to what I had imagined. I never expected it to be so fast, random and downright weird!
                    The vid is edited, as I'm sure Saur will tell you, at least if it's the PS2 version. It certainly doesn't run like that on my machine.

I've given the game a good go (not just 5 mins), and I don't like it. I find the control system unintuative, the camera angles annoying, and the gameplay stiff.

It is a very stylish game, but for me it's style over substance - I think it's very much of the survival horror genre, very Resi Evil, and these are games I haven't enjoyed playing either.

I don't think it's a bad game, it's just not a game for me.

Comment

Ok - I've upgraded my character to the point where he can use a counterattack but... is it automatically triggered or do you have to do something to counter?

Comment

Press the X button (GC version) just before a Heaven's Smile leaps at you.

Comment

Forgot to ask earlier, is this progressive scan enabled?

Comment

Seems like this games gonna be a love it/hate it title. If Takashi Miike were to do a game, it'd be something like this. Really. ****ing. Weird. Overall, I'm enjoying it but I think I found my first major annoyance...

Deep into the second mission where you come out of the elevator and use MASK to...

blow the cracked wall apart and then proceed to have a shootout with Mr Solid Snake wannabe, why the hell must I use MASK? He has to reload after every shot and takes an absolute age to do so. In the meantime this guy's rolling around left-to-right pumping bullets into me - half the time I can't even get a shot off 'cos I'm reloading.

Comment

My first annoyance is

the Dice puzzle on the third stage... Where you have to roll two 1's to progress, at least i'm assuming, to get the first floor red bullet.

Do you just have to keep throwing until you get a double 1?!

Comment

Originally posted by segages
                                Seems like this games gonna be a love it/hate it title. If Takashi Miike were to do a game, it'd be something like this. Really. ****ing. Weird. Overall, I'm enjoying it but I think I found my first major annoyance...

Deep into the second mission where you come out of the elevator and use MASK to...

blow the cracked wall apart and then proceed to have a shootout with Mr Solid Snake wannabe, why the hell must I use MASK? He has to reload after every shot and takes an absolute age to do so. In the meantime this guy's rolling around left-to-right pumping bullets into me - half the time I can't even get a shot off 'cos I'm reloading.

You don't need to use Mask to beat him.

Shoot the ceiling?

Comment

Working...
                                X