No announcement yet.

Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm dying a bit now. I've done most of the end game stuff but the final uber boss is SUPER tough and apparently you don't really get an amazing ending for beating him, so I'm not sure I'll bother. I kind of have to now though.

My main axe warrior hits for 30k now though, which is nice

Comment

30K? What sort of level is that and with what weapon?

Comment

It's not levels, it's re-incarnating. The only way you can get enough power for the hidden battles is to re-incarnate and power up the attack a number of times and use the stat bonuses - that and use the highest class tiers.

Comment

My witches are relatively strong for their level but are not the highest class yet. I will hopefully get that before long. At least 4-3 gets them back up to about Level 40 relatively quickly.

I suppose the question should have been how many stored and actual levels was that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Streetest Dude
            I'm dying a bit now. I've done most of the end game stuff but the final uber boss is SUPER tough and apparently you don't really get an amazing ending for beating him, so I'm not sure I'll bother. I kind of have to now though.

My main axe warrior hits for 30k now though, which is nice
            Must have put quite a few hours in

Comment

I think I am up to about 90 hours (a lot spent at 4-3 on various characters). Must say I found the differnet element hits to get a boost on the second hitter extremely useful, epsecially when the Witch was a level 1 class 5 Healer trying to gain the healing spells before reverting to a Witch.

In the end I was making good use of Omega spells to clear levels quickly.

Comment

I've just broken the 90 hour barrier this w/e - I've been determined to beat all 15 odd of the hidden bosses, so far I've beaten 7 of them. The narratives on the boss battles are actually more interesting than the main story, a nice touch seeing old friends again

I still haven't found any of the most powerful weapons in the game, though I did get a few amulets that give massive bonuses across all stats. Very handy. To get the higher ranking stuff you really have to hit the bonus gauge on high level free dungeons, so it's all a bit random.

I still think this doesn't have as much replay value as Disgaea - the game really is a thorn in the side for Nippon Ichi, as everything they produce is going to get compared to it, and they got so many things right.

I've also come across the odd bug and glitch in MK - most to do with AI path finding, but one to do with lifting and throwing items, which was a bit annoying, still, they can be mostly avoided.

The biggest problem I've experienced with this game is the mana farming and lack of decent power levelling areas. If you want to defeat all the hidden bosses, it's a lot of work which is artificially extended due to this problem. Still, it's definitely been a fun game to play, and the end is in sight.
                Last edited by MartyG; 26-09-2005, 12:14.

Comment

I found that problem with power levelling. I also couldn't unlock all the hidden characters. Getting the last I attempted was more by luck than judgement. At that point I went through to completion though having all the characters at the beginning of the game in the state they ended the previous cycle really doesn't make it any easier to get levels on the restart (which I would need to do to stand a chance of beating the other hidden characters.

Comment

Yeh for power leveling disgaea was the best with the item worlds or asking for stronger enemies.Think there was this stage that had a group of enemies in a 3 by 3 square.Must have played that level over 150 times.

Makai kingdoms combat was better though.Just hope for the next game they really do get the best out ouf all the nippon games

Comment

You can make 3x3 training dungeons in MK - you need a lvl 100 char equiped with pie and create a free dungeon. You then get a single level dungeon with enemies twice the creator level. The trouble is, it's a big mana sink, so if you want a few of these you've got to go mana farming, and this as I've mentioned is the biggest draw back of MK I reckon: all the mana farming.

Comment

It will take a while to get my best character up to Level 100 (I think it may be in the low 80's).

Comment

Most of mine are lvl 300 or close to it, I have a couple that are level 400 now, and have been re-incarnated a few times, both mages with int of around 12K. Then I have a couple of sword masters with atk 12K ish. There are still a couple of bosses that I can't take much HP off, as some have 70K odd def and res, you don't even touch them.

Once you get to that sort of lvl of attack, you can breeze through the higher level dungeons - you can get 1 mil exp from some floors, so you can quickly boost lower level chars - though they'll still lack the mana for re-incarnating.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 27-09-2005, 08:16.

Comment

I think my highest level character (Witch) has over 10K intelligence (maybe even 12K). She has been reincarnated a few times. At least the 400+ Mana at that Fortress is useful when I get there again.

Comment

You should be starting to get close to being able to defeat a couple of the secret chars, certainly the easiest one.

The secret characters I've gotten so far

1. Flonne - Check
                              2. Etna - Check
                              3. Castille - Check (Easiest one to defeat)
                              4. Laharl - Check
                              5. Robosuit - Check
                              6. Zetta - Nope, he's well hard
                              7. Pram - Check
                              8. Valvoga - Nope, he's as hard as Zetta
                              9. Babylon - Check
                              10. Seedle - Check
                              11. Salome - Check
                              12. King Drake - Check
                              13. Alexander - Check
                              14. Asagi - Not reached requirement yet
                              15. Yo****suna - Not reached requirement yet

The others still need quite a lot of lvling and re-incs.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 29-09-2005, 06:52.

Comment

I am back at the start. What Chapter can you get to them in? I think I tried #1 without much success, but I have gained some more levels since then.

Comment

Working...
                                X