No announcement yet.

Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some don't require you to be on a specific chapter, just being a high enough level and have enough mana, others do. For the specifics go here - it is, of course, full of spoilers.

Comment

I've read through all the pages in this topic, but I'm still unclear on one thing -

Is it actually worth a purchase, as opposed to giving Disgaea another replay?

I don't like buying a game out of desperation, especially if a game is essentially a sub-standard-but-okay version of a game I already own, y'know?

(and yes, my local HMV is stocking it right now. RIGHT NOW. It could be in my hands within TEN MINUTES. ARG!)

Comment

Yes its worth getting even more so if have never played phantom kingdom

But you can still play through disgaea again any way

Comment

I would not describe it as a sub-standard version of Disgaea. It has the free movement of Phantom Brave and has an update on some of its features and also has similarities to Disgaea with updates. New additions include the buildings and vehicles.

You have the new game+ feature but this is only really useful to gain strength and beat some of the extra characters which you may not have been able to beat on the previous run through.

I enjoyed the game. It is sufficiently different to warrant a purchase if you like that sort of game (I presume you do as you have Disgaea).

Comment

That's made my mind up then - I'm buying it! I love(d) Disgaea so much, it completely ate up my life, and my social schedule for November looks empty enough for me to hazard picking up its familiar.

I'm so excited now!!

Comment

Its really a different game to disgaea.While i do miss the colour chaining etc.The non grid system is much better now and really i prefer that

Also unlike phantom kingdom there is much more to do after you complete the game

Comment

You do of course mean Phantom Brave. Phantom Kingdom was the initial name for Makai Kingdom.

Comment

Yup my mistake

Anyone know when the next nippon ichi game is due?

Comment

Disgaea 2 is out in Japan in January/February 2006 I think. No word on a US release yet

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
                      Disgaea 2 is out in Japan in January/February 2006 I think. No word on a US release yet
                      I'm sure it will get a US (hopefully UK!) release date though.

As for Makai Kingdom, been playing it to death ever since I bought it. Am fairly confident it's not going to replace Disgaea in my heart - I really don't like the fact the leader of your party isn't actually a character, if you know what I mean. The plot also seems to be pretty weak and unengaging thus far, though I am still on chapter three.

Still, I'll keep playing it regardless just because I CAN RECRUIT EVIL, SPEAR WEILDING CARROTS to my team. Woo hoo!

Comment

I always like the humour in disgaea.It was kind off lost in phantom brave.Makai kingdom had more humour but did not make me laugh as much as disgaea

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                          I always like the humour in disgaea.It was kind off lost in phantom brave.Makai kingdom had more humour but did not make me laugh as much as disgaea
                          Yeah, I think the humour is almost part Nippon Ichi's trademark now. And getting in a female voice actress with a really annoying "WhatEVrrrrrrr" voice to play one of the roles.

Ichi's definately found their niche.

Comment

I always amazed me with quite basic graphics they could do engrossing cutscenes and some good humour.

Voice acting nippon ichi excelled at they were always great

Comment

Working...
                            X