No announcement yet.

SIMPLE2000 SERIES Vol. 81: THE Chikyuu Boueigun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting this for my stepson as he loved EDF2017 so much, and he just got a good school report! Played it recently with a friend and also lots of 2017 and I agree with the above - they are very pure, very fun videogames that just begged to be played by all and sundry. A tenner for this as well, come on!

Comment

@crocky-chocky:
      Does it have a 60Hz mode?

I'll definately get this, after I'm out of the red (bought a notebook recently), as its japanese version is my favourite game of the last generation.

Seems like the best games are still comming out for the old PS2 atm.
      Global Defence Force is THE reason to own a machine that plays PAL PS2 games.
      Btw, anyone tested it on a PS3?
      Last edited by Ryo Saeba; 12-07-2007, 07:42.

Comment

No 60hz I'm afraid, and there are some slight borders and frame-rate jerkiness ahoy. Also, there's no voice-acting...though I don't know if it ever existed in the non-PAL version.

None of this has put me off in the slightest though, I'm blasting giant centipedes skyward right now. Catching one in mid-air with a rocket launcher is mega fun.

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
          I'm blasting giant centipedes skyward right now. Catching one in mid-air with a rocket launcher is mega fun.
          Love doing that. I think I once juggled an ant about 5 times, bouncing it over the other side of the city!!

Comment

No 60hz? That's a bit pants. If only 505 had put it out there'd be 60hz as standard.

Still, better than nowt if you can't import.

Comment

Anywhere to get this in the high street or do I need to be patient and buy it online?

John

Comment

I couldni find it in any Game or Gamestation, but managed to find it in an indy shop in Sheff.

I'd say online is your best bet.

Comment

This game runs at about 5fps on some sections, but is still in my top 10 ever.

Dear Sandlot, EDF4 MUST have centipedes in.

Failure to comply will result in the death of Fatty.

Comment

Good gravy mcgee!

I've never played a mission structured game with barely any plot thats managed to throw in such an awesome twist.

Mission 36...jesus whooping christ!

Best tenner I've ever spent?

Comment

Er which bit is that again?

Comment

No luck on the high street as expected, just putting in my order with Play.

John

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          Er which bit is that again?
                          Heh. I'm guessing the twist goes pretty much unnoticed in the Japanese version unless you can read Japanese. Basically...

Mission 34 is dubbed as the last mission, where you attack the mothership. Then 35 is called 'Mop Up' and is your standard 'kill all the big ants' fare. But get this right...Mission 36 is titled something like 'Final Mop Up', but then after the first wave of antsies, a ruddy great saucer fills the sky after a pretty flash. Simply put I thought it was over after just 34 missions, but it seems to have started all over again!

Comment

Picked this up the other week and loving it so far, the female missions are a breath of fresh air after playing through 2017 in the 360.

Shame it doesn't have 60hz but on a plus note its one of the only games I've played that works perfectly with the Blaze HDTV disc thingy. 480p at 60hz looks great and for once doesn't distort the on screen image.

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
                              Heh. I'm guessing the twist goes pretty much unnoticed in the Japanese version unless you can read Japanese. Basically...

Mission 34 is dubbed as the last mission, where you attack the mothership. Then 35 is called 'Mop Up' and is your standard 'kill all the big ants' fare. But get this right...Mission 36 is titled something like 'Final Mop Up', but then after the first wave of antsies, a ruddy great saucer fills the sky after a pretty flash. Simply put I thought it was over after just 34 missions, but it seems to have started all over again!
                              wow yeah I remember, it's superb the way

that ufo warps in and out of existence. This game has more ambition in it than most 50 quid megabucks releases.

Comment

Agreed.

I'm starting to come up against awesome war of the worlds style tripods now.

Personally I think a Wii version of this game NEEDS to happen. Wii remote centipede juggling would rock hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X