Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raiden 3

First things first, this game rocks!
    I've been playing this since it came out in the arcades and have been looking forward to this PS2 port. Taito have done a really good job in delivering an arcade perfect conversion! The graphics are great, sound is awesome and best of all I haven't noticed any slowdown whatsoever! The game supports 2 types of Tate mode( which is how I always play shmups). There is an option to save replays and watch replays of some guy/girl playing. There's also an art gallery, Score Attack and Boss Rush modes.
    I can't recommend this game highly enough. This is classic Raiden gameplay at it's best!

Here's a vid of stage 1 that I made:

glad to hear it's a good conversion, not that I've ever played the Arcade one Caved in and ordered it earlier today, some of the vids linked over at shmups.com made it too hard to resist.

What sort of quality (score wise) are the "super play" vids on the game disc ? cheers. Oh don't suppose there is any online ranking system ...

Thanks.

Comment

You have to unlock the vids I think cos only stage 1 is available. The guy playing is REALLY good. The multiplier is almost always at X2 (the highest).

There is no online ranking system.

Comment

I imagine you were there the very sec it was released ....I have to wait .Is raiden 3 in the arcades the taito x board?
        Last edited by eastyy; 21-09-2005, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
          I imagine you were there the very sec it was released ....I have to wait .Is raiden 3 in the arcadeds the taito x board?
          Yep it's on taito's x board.

Comment

Likewise with David (see you caved ), glad to hear it's a great port mate.

Are the unlockable videos the ones from the shmups forum mate?

Comment

No. Not as insane as those! The guy's playing in single player mode.

You can however play with 2 ships on the same pad/stick!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                I imagine you were there the very sec it was released ....I have to wait .Is raiden 3 in the arcadeds the taito x board?
                Which is something you asked me months ago and you got the exact same answer...

Yo Venom you need to email me and let me know waa gwaan recently!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                  Which is something you asked me months ago and you got the exact same answer...

Yo Venom you need to email me and let me know waa gwaan recently!
                  Will do in a bit mate! Been busy at Namco!

Comment

Playing two ships at the same time a superhuman feat if ever i saw one

Comment

Well and truly ordered, great vids Ven.

Comment

Love the blurry explosion at the end! Thanks for the vid Venom.

My copy is in stock at yesasia, so should be shipping soon - great news that it's a top notch port; should help the Autumn fly by

Comment

Well with the ps2 getting chaos field/trizeal/homura within the next two months and this already released its all good

Comment

Venom - how's the scoring system? Is it a blow the crap out of everything game?

Comment

I think the scoring system is partly based around shooting the ships before it has a chance to get on-screen right?

Comment

Working...
                              X