Raiden 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bleeders
    I think the scoring system is partly based around shooting the ships before it has a chance to get on-screen right?
    Yeah that's right.

Comment

wtf?

Comment

Heard about the scoring thats my only concern.For me i like it in shooters when you know where not to shoot.

Comment

I think the scoring system is partly based around shooting the ships before it has a chance to get on-screen right?
          complete opposite of Nanostray then where you have to wait for them to appear on screen

will TATE and upload Venoms vid when I get home, got a sore neck I've watched it that many thmes

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
            will TATE and upload Venoms vid when I get home, got a sore neck I've watched it that many thmes
            My boss just asked me why I was tilting my head whilst using my computer

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
              Heard about the scoring thats my only concern.For me i like it in shooters when you know where not to shoot.
              There is nothing wrong with the scoring system. You get more points the quicker you kill enemies. Your multiplier will increase between X1 to X2 in increments of 0.1 depending on how quick you kill the enemy. Works perfectly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                My boss just asked me why I was tilting my head whilst using my computer
                Legend!!

Comment

Geoff say you were using ear drops

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                    There is nothing wrong with the scoring system. You get more points the quicker you kill enemies. Your multiplier will increase between X1 to X2 in increments of 0.1 depending on how quick you kill the enemy. Works perfectly well.
                    In addition to the scoring mechanics; is there a shielding system for the main craft at all?

Comment

In addition to the scoring mechanics; is there a shielding system for the main craft at all?
                      No mate. This is a game of pure skill and reflexes!

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks mate.

Comment

Where've I been??

Comment

This is an amazing shoot-em-up, to put it bluntly.

The first thing that popped into my head was how simple and gimmickless it was. Three weapons through powerups, a bomb, and that's pretty much it! No technique to scoring other than blowing the **** out of everything as fast as you can. And it's absolutely wonderful.

It's the sort of simplicity Trizeal had in it's gameplay. Makes it so incredibly fun to play and watch that high score of yours going up and up.

One big, big relief I have over Raiden 3, to Raiden 2 and 1, is how powerups work. In the previous raidens, if you changed weapon colour, it wouldn't power it up. If you kept changing from red, to blue, to pink, then back to red, you'd still have a bog standard red weapon.

Now no matter what weapon colour you pick up, it still raises it's power. Wonderful!

The pink toothpaste laser is no more by the way. It's been replaced with a green laser that acts mainly in the same way, only it pierces through larger enemies and doesn't lock onto anything. Very powerful still though.

Overall, i'm thoroughly enjoying this more than any other shoot-em-up on the PS2 at the moment, and yes I do own Mushihimesama and Gradius V.

I like 'em simple.

Comment

Anyone know where I can buy this from so that I'll have it before the weekend?

I'm totally broke although this is certainly more important than deoderant and razors.

It's not fair people like Venom being able to cane this in the arcades. Head start on scoreZ, innit? ;(

Comment

Maybe http://www.jpngames.co.uk/

Although I don't see it on the site.

Comment

Working...
                                X