Raiden 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidFallows
    Anyone know where I can buy this from so that I'll have it before the weekend?

I'm totally broke although this is certainly more important than deoderant and razors.

It's not fair people like Venom being able to cane this in the arcades. Head start on scoreZ, innit? ;(
    Why don't you set yourself up over here then man?!

Comment

So many games like senko no ronde/ homura/under defeat/raiden 3.
      I would probably never heard about them unless i visited here or lived in japan.Are there any other promising looking games in the arcades that might get a console conversion?

Comment

Can't wait for this. Pre-ordered it months ago and my copy is being shipped.

Any word on the next Taito X arcade shooter that's coming out for the PS2 in December...

I think it's called Homo summat, can't quite remember where I read it from.
        Yeah it's late, I can't think properly!

If Raiden 3 is a near perfect conversion, I'd be expecting the same for this.

Is this Homo shooter any good? Can you answer me this question Venom?

Comment

Well i'm sure as hell no expert, but I can now single life the first 3 stages. Almost the 4th now...

Top score is somewhere roughly around 7500000.

This is the sort of shmup you should be aiming to one credit and not even TRYING to go through with continues. You start off with 2, but I think it runs on an Ikaruga style system where the more you play, the more continues you earn, as after my couple of hours playing i've jumped from 2 to 6. (Didn't save it to memory card before so I had to do it again, whoops!)

One credit seems to take me to the 5th stage, am I right in saying there are 7?

I think it's time to pump that difficulty up from 'Normal'

Comment

excellet to hear this is good. i ordered this without giving it a second thought after being an arcade Raiden 1 junkie for much of my formative years even chose the 3-5 shipping so i wasn't going to have to wait very long. although i'll have to drag myself away from the Tifa Advent Children figurine that i ordered at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
              Why don't you set yourself up over here then man?!
              Don't even begin to tease me like that man!! aaahhhhhhhh!!

In an ideal world I would, although I doubt my work skills would take me very far in Japan.

Back on topic - music for the game is ace, still haven't ordered it!

Anyone starting a scores thread?

Comment

Managed to spend a few hours on this and i would say that its pretty good overall. "The feel" of the game reminds me of Double Shienryu (the second game), but for me it doesnt have the impact that a shooter like Gradius V had (both visually and soundwise). To be honest its a bit bland

(not that you really have to have stunning visuals and sound in a shooter; although you can clearly see that they wanted this to be very glossy)

Abit of a wasted opportunity IMO, this could have been very special.

I still prefer Raiden DX

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
                  Can't wait for this. Pre-ordered it months ago and my copy is being shipped.

Any word on the next Taito X arcade shooter that's coming out for the PS2 in December...

I think it's called Homo summat, can't quite remember where I read it from.
                  Yeah it's late, I can't think properly!

If Raiden 3 is a near perfect conversion, I'd be expecting the same for this.

Is this Homo shooter any good? Can you answer me this question Venom?
                  Highly recommended if you like shooters. It's called Homura by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2
                    Managed to spend a few hours on this and i would say that its pretty good overall. "The feel" of the game reminds me of Double Shienryu (the second game), but for me it doesnt have the impact that a shooter like Gradius V had (both visually and soundwise). To be honest its a bit bland

(not that you really have to have stunning visuals and sound in a shooter; although you can clearly see that they wanted this to be very glossy)

Abit of a wasted opportunity IMO, this could have been very special.

I still prefer Raiden DX
                    This is an old school shooter which the developers were aiming for. Classic Raiden gameplay with updated graphics and sound. All Raiden fans over here love it for what it is, an upgraded version of Raiden 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                      Anyone starting a scores thread?
                      Can you play levels individually in like a score attack mode ? otherwise it's a pain in the ass to work out out individual level scores.

And Silvergun there are seven stages on the replay vid's I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                        Can you play levels individually in like a score attack mode ? otherwise it's a pain in the ass to work out out individual level scores.

And Silvergun there are seven stages on the replay vid's I've seen.
                        Yeah you can.

Comment

Is there any chance of it getting released on Gamecube or Xbox?

All this PS2 exclusive **** is getting me down. ft:

Comment

No chance whatsoever mate
                            If you're a shooter fan you should have a PS2 anyway...

Comment

Pre-ordered mine from Jpngames/Dave a long time ago, hoping it will be here soon, Can't wait!

Comment

I played it for 30 minutes so far and love it. Beautiful game and no nonsense shoot them ups without daft soaking the bullets or buliding a chain.

Pure fun

I use a 24 inch widescreen Tv in Normal mode A. Is there are any benefits to use normal mode B ?

I just use 5 lives 1 credit in each game I played. Is that ok ?

Comment

Working...
                                X