No announcement yet.

Raiden 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, or does Normal A make it look like the ratio is 9/16 and not 3/4?

Comment

Great stuff indeed - switch brain off, engage reflexes & play; nice to indulge in a bit of frantic destruction & this fits the bill very well

Taken a while to get my eyes atuned to the small yellow bullets, but now I have I can 1cc to level 3.

Onwards!

Comment

Played it a bit last pretty good but i do not think its as good as psyvarier or cave's games

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
          Played it a bit last pretty good but i do not think its as good as psyvarier or cave's games
          You can't compare this with those types of shooters. This is an old school shooter!

Comment

Agreed, expecting Raiden 3 to play like Psy, ESP or Mushi, your in for a dissapointing experience.

I'm loving it. There's no real understanding of the system required; the quicker you kill, the higher the multiplier.

Comment

Yep old school alright.Realized it was different when my first go i did not lose a life on the first level

Strange thing is though ever since i played psyvarier i have sort of gone off old school type games.And been more keen on games with a hook.I think with raiden 3 the multipler might just be enough to keep me addicted

Comment

I'm having probs tracking a copy down. I've been that busy recently I forgot about the release totally - which I've been told by many of my friends "just isn't like me at all".

When I do get it i'll cain it for a day or eight to catch up.

Comment

My copy arrived today, all i can say is wow, i have played many shoot em ups from salamander on the nes (first shoot em up i bought) and have played various shoot em ups to date.

This game, although i am only 2 hours in, is stunning, it plays beautifully and the graphics that did look awesome on screenshots and videos look superb on my television, music is nice too.

Would need to play it for a bit longer to give more detailed impressions, but they seem to be stated on this thread already, the reason for the post is to give this game a massive thumbs up, you wont regret buying this if you like shooters in any way

Comment

i love this game, but is anyone else finding that in some parts it can get quite hard to make the bullets out, especially if you have the highest level red power up? i think it was late level 3/early level 4 when i really had no idea what was going on for a while there.

also, its amazing to play a shoot em up like this with not many bullets but them travelling fast, compared to say espgaluda, where you have a ****ton of bullets, but they go pretty slow so you can trace your way thru the minefield.

Comment

Agree with most everyone on this thread ... I have in recent months got Espgaluda, Mushihimesama, etc ... all the shmups that the "scene" has deemed great ... but this is truly excellent. I don't feel that I need to be some kind of shmup god to complete it. I 1CC'd thru to stage 4 last night.

Anyone notice how there is a Psyvariar-style BUZZ element to it? I notice that, when I get too close to bullets, I hear a "ching" kinda sound. I don't know if it affects score, but it's definitely there.

Playing the ISO at the mo, waiting for my PlayAsia order arriving ... just glad I went for the $10-cheaper-but-1-week-later Korean version, as apparently you get a free Raiden3 T-shirt with it! Yay.

Comment

Only just got this beauty, but boy was it worth the wait. It's absolutely fantastic and has been getting a serious caning all night. I love bullet fests like Espgaluda and Mushi, but this is utter class.

Now if only I could turn my tv on its side

Comment

thats one good thing about having a pants 14" telly, easy to turn on it's side!

i have been thinking about getting this for a while now, i want to get it because it's a shooter and it has loads of glowing feedback in this thread, but i have a sneaky feeling i won't like it as i don't really like gunbird 1/2 and i tried raiden on mame and (although i didn't stick at it much) didn't enjoy that either and this "looks" similar to thoes games, am i right? or is it different to thoes games so worth a try?

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen
                            Playing the ISO at the mo, waiting for my PlayAsia order arriving ... just glad I went for the $10-cheaper-but-1-week-later Korean version, as apparently you get a free Raiden3 T-shirt with it! Yay.
                            Yeah I was pissed. I pre-ordered this game, and then looking at Play-Asia the following week I saw that the Korean version came with a OMIGOSH RAIDEN T-SHIRT. I couldn't believe I had missed out on that. I seriously considering buying it again just for that.

Comment

Big up to Linkedtpthepast for holding onto this whilst I was in Cuba.

Great game. Stunning soundtrack. Currently 1-lifing up to stage 4 boss. Stage 5 is mad. How pissed off do you get when you die?

Excellent game to christen my new place with.

Comment

Ressurect! Just got my PAL copy. I can confirm it has a 60Hz mode.

It's been worth the wait. Played the first level and it's great to have some straightforward shooting to play. Not sure about the music myself. Hope it gets better in later levels.

I like the look of the game too. Very robust graphics.

Comment

Working...
                                X