No announcement yet.

Perfect Dark Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would disagree with that, owning those games the only MP i've gone back to time and time again is PDZ, to many people never go back it after 1 session online because it is ugly, seems slow(it isn't) or the servers ops have a terrible server setup. But its gameplay and maps are finely balanced and promote teamplay, and the likes of Urban, Subway and Desert are classic multiplayer maps. Weapons are all balanced and offer tactical play than just another machine gun or just another pistol skin thats easily on par with Halo2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
      i would disagree with that, owning those games the only MP i've gone back to time and time again is PDZ, to many people never go back it after 1 session online because it is ugly, seems slow(it isn't) or the servers ops have a terrible server setup. But its gameplay and maps are finely balanced and promote teamplay, and the likes of Urban, Subway and Desert are classic multiplayer maps. Weapons are all balanced and offer tactical play than just another machine gun or just another pistol skin thats easily on par with Halo2.
      i dislike it as the controls are rubbish... go play cod2 and then try pd0, tell me there's not something broken there. the aiming is so nice on cod, on pd0? wrongness.

don't get me wrong, i don't mind the game but if it controls like **** then i ain't gonna play it. i downloaded the demo and almost enjoyed the game, just a pity it was difficult to play due to the aiming being way out.

Comment

I gave it a fair go, mostly because it was the only launch title to have a comprehensive MP. Apart from Desert (and that depends on the game mode) I always felt the maps had been bodged together with little play testing hence had very little flow to them. Where as in a game such as counterstike or Halo 2 I tended to pick up the layout very quickly and and in a short space of time be using the entire map in PDZ I felt continuous forced into the same corridors with some maps even having that most hidious of crimes dead ends. Map making 101 says don't give any area only one entrance.

Just out of interest have they rebalanced the cheap and nasty mines or the boomerang thingy yet?

Comment

As for he controls i have not problem with them, standard aiming with a slighty auto aim is EXACTLY like halo2. You might be talking about zooming and shooting, i had problems to begin with say as it does auto-aim in scoped mode making harder to hit thing fast moving. My only gripe so far is shooting from cover is broken, but the system and still be used for snipering 1 shots and scoping out the enemy for ambush.

i'll talk about the rest later but im leaving work

Comment

True, you should only have a dead end where there is something special, and then it should be a very short route to it, allowing them time to get in and out without being killed everytime you go for said item.

Originally posted by Mr Pump
            I felt continuous forced into the same corridors with some maps even having that most hidious of crimes dead ends. Map making 101 says don't give any area only one entrance.

Comment

So......you're saying PDZ> Halo 2 in terms of mutiplayer? No wai!

Weapons in PDZ are not balanced, most games turn into a super dragon/ boomerang of death match unless you get a host whos got some kind of intelligence (not often). Even then most others weapons = the same (roughly) and then its just down to personal preference. The weapons in Halo, although fewer, are much more enjoyable to use and more balanced and ****naz.

The maps are decent, I'll give you that, but I'm getting fed of people glitching out of them, it wouldn't of been so bad if it wasn't so easy, but it is, it just kill some games like zombie and so on. IMO, there are no maps on PDZ which equal the best of Halo 2, zanzibar, Blood Gulch, HeadLong, Lockout and so on.

Out of GRAW,PDZ and Halo 2, I probably play Halo 2 the most. I'd play Graw abit more if the online wasn't so ****ed and it wasnt as hard to actually find a game and start playing. I used to play PDZ mutiplayer quite alot, but it was mainly due to get achievements and at the end I found myself getting bored of the lack of gametypes and maps.

Comment

As for he controls i have not problem with them, standard aiming with a slighty auto aim is EXACTLY like halo2.
                try playing cod2 and then pd0 and get back to me, i'm not talking about auto aim. i'm referring to the movement of your aim as you swing the stick about, it feels very jerky in comparison to cod2's silky smoothness, even halo feels nicer than pd.

Comment

I can't stand Halo2 MP anymore, it's got to a point there 1st to fire wins, that is the Halo2 multplayer in anymode.

As the turning speed, they that can be adjusted to suit your needs but if you don't like then there nothing i can say to change you mind.

Im not sure what maps you've been playing in PDZ as i haven't come across a single "deadend" aside the parts of the Bases themselves in edradication which allows for camping, everywhere usually has at least 2 exits or a wall climb over to allow you to run away.

The Hawk is not a powerful tool, sure it help out against campers(its main function), miss(very easy to in open play) and your a sitting duck, but it 2nd function stop grenades something that can make a Superdragon useless, you'll find if you play itenough and happen to end up on a SD server, users will always fire grenades 1st, after that it becomes and average machine gun it a small clip.

Does halo or any other game have Decoy equipment that can actually work? Magnum comes with a decoy shot to fool enemy radar into think your some place you ain't, great for setting up amubushed or avoiding shotgun widescans, to which the shotgun itself offers widescan protection and enemy mimic so on the radar you look like and enemy solider, something that could backfire on friendly fire if with out teamwork. Or the psychosis pistol, drug the enemy so they can't see or drug them into making them see allies in enemy colours.

i could go on and on abouit the other weapons.

As for glitches there are problem, but that can be said of any game and Halo2 is rief with them, you can't blame the game bad eggs abusing them and then again thats what you xbox friends list is for.

Comment

I enjoy the odd bash on PDZ some of the game modes are brilliant fun, the only real problem in balancing is that people do tend to abuse certain weapons. As tobal said though, each weapon can usually be countered with another weapons 2nd function.

There are a couple of levels that do suffer from terrible camping due to a dead end, the snowy one with the tower in the middle is the one that springs to mind.
                    Obviously Halo 2 had the benifit of matchmaking playlists where as PDZ needs the settings manually tweaked depending on gametype.

The aiming in PDZ isn't really any more difficult to aim than GRAW or Lost planet, Turning off the fast look option can really help too.
                    COD2 is only so easy to use because it is very similar in comparison to Halo 2. But I'd still take PDZ over COD2 any day, small plain levels where every one has a sniper rifle because the other 5 guns are useless. no thankyou

Comment

it's got to a point there 1st to fire wins, that is the Halo2 multplayer in anymode.
                      Doesn't happen to me, but I suppose that depends on your skill level and who you're playing with (Not that i'm saying you're bad at it). Although I understand your point, although its true that in PDZ its not always the case as it takes about a tonne of bullets to kill someone (unless you shoot for da head).

Does halo or any other game have Decoy equipment that can actually work? Magnum comes with a decoy shot to fool enemy radar into think your some place you ain't, great for setting up amubushed or avoiding shotgun widescans, to which the shotgun itself offers widescan protection and enemy mimic so on the radar you look like and enemy solider, something that could backfire on friendly fire if with out teamwork. Or the psychosis pistol, drug the enemy so they can't see or drug them into making them see allies in enemy colours.
                      I consider that comparison useless to be honest, they're both different games with different game mechanics, and adding more weapon modes/features does not always mean superior gameplay.

As for glitches there are problem, but that can be said of any game and Halo2 is rief with them, you can't blame the game bad eggs abusing them and then again thats what you xbox friends list is for.
                      Indeed their are glitches in Halo 2, but most of them happen under set conditions, aka the person does something to make it happen. Most glitches are not able to be done in matchmaking anyway due to time constaints and lack of certain weapons etc.

Comment

managed to finish mission 12 - the bridge - trigger and retreat-style! don't bother with mission 13 anymore, which only holds an annoying end boss fight. my reward for this 10 hours laziness: ZERO achievements so far! WTF!?!

btw: is there any word that the Perfect Dark franchise is being contiinued?

Comment

I don't think you get any achievements for finishing it! It's all in the multiplayer. I just replayed up to the jungle level and had to turn it off, I really think it will just gather dust now.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli
                            managed to finish mission 12 - the bridge - trigger and retreat-style! don't bother with mission 13 anymore, which only holds an annoying end boss fight. my reward for this 10 hours laziness: ZERO achievements so far! WTF!?!

btw: is there any word that the Perfect Dark franchise is being contiinued?
                            You get an achievement for finishing each game difficulty setting.
                            You obviously missed a level.

The last level is so hilariously easy, its not worth fretting over.

Comment

Its a shame that the achievements are really only for online play, dont you get something like 10 points for finishing on the harder level? Dont know if Ill be playing online with this yet, so in that respect its a shame they chose to put the emphasis so much on online for me, I enjoy getting something back for the time Ive put into a game.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                                Its a shame that the achievements are really only for online play, dont you get something like 10 points for finishing on the harder level? Dont know if Ill be playing online with this yet, so in that respect its a shame they chose to put the emphasis so much on online for me, I enjoy getting something back for the time Ive put into a game.
                                I think so, it's like 20 per setting then another 20 for doing 1/5/all levels on Dark agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X