No announcement yet.

Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been looking at this threads title for a couple of weeks now. This game seems to have been coming for a long time now! a week a go it was 20 days, and now today its still got 20 days to go, When is this mother arriving?

Comment

Originally posted by 112
      ive been looking at this threads title for a couple of weeks now. This game seems to have been coming for a long time now! a week a go it was 20 days, and now today its still got 20 days to go, When is this mother arriving?

26th June is JPN release date.

Comment

Originally posted by 112

lol, dealt with

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
          Stroppa, I was thinking the same. Maybe I could just do with the GameStand and an armchair. This would possibly cut the shipping costs and be more reliable than an ironing board.

GameStand:
          that's not too bad man. I'm going to use the pad, and wait til I hear reactions on how significant the difference . Curry's down my way have the logitech wheel at a good price, so maybe I'll buy a special chair or something to sit the wheel on. Or modify a zimmer frame.

Comment

9 days left.

It's like anticipating Christmas all over again

Comment

Originally posted by C'
              9 days left.

It's like anticipating Christmas all over again
              Gonna get you.....like a space boyyyy!

Comment

Initial D IRL:

Initial D Gallery Stage -> Go to Gallery

In there also check out -> Goods Gallery

Comment

Oh My God - How cool is this:

Comment

Don't say it's Takumi Fujiwara father's place IRL

Comment

3 days left to release.

Now hopes for a fast shipping time.

NCS says

Synopsis: Preorders for the Japanese Playstation 2 game Initial D: Special Stage ship automatically on June 23-24, 2003.

Comment

From what I have heard, the logitech wheel is just the same as the one that got released with GT3. I work at Comet and get a mighty discount, so going to pick it from there.

Comment

I find and tested my other step-down (came with my SAKURA unit) so I dared to order the ID wheel last week

Comment

So I goes to Namco at Trafford Station and decide to drop some coins into Initial D and continue my work on the Akina downhill

'Accept/Refuse Challenges Screen'?

Strange don't normally get that option. Guess the techies must have actually had the guts to tinker with the settings on the machine (I'm sure no arcade operator has any clue how to alter the default settings of any cab).

I insert my card and then I get the most pleasant surprise.

'Do you want to transfer your old data over to a new ver. 2 card?'

Holy Crap!!!11!1!! They've actually got a ver.2 machine. I'm dumbstruck. I double checked the cab and it seemed identical (even the player 2 wheel is still losse) but a new sticker has been placed (rather badly) on the seats. guess they've just updated the rom board or summat. Doesn't matter though. I can play ver.2

Initial impressions. Well the same but more is what you will probably think at first. More tracks, more cars and upgrade paths and (perhaps most importantly) more Super Eurobeat. One thing, it costs another credit to transfer data over from your old card so I decided to start afresh and only had time for a few races so never got time to try the new courses. However, Myogi is the starting point again with your first race against Itsuki followed by Takumi in a great story development (made me smile anyway).

The drifting mechanic seems more refined this time and feels even more satisfactory to nail a perfect slide. Also, my new FD seemed a lot faster than when I started in ver.1. I managed to max out at 202km/h on the downhill which I don't think my unmodded FD managed originally although it was a while so I may be mistaken.

Certainly the installing of ver.2 has got me pumped for the game all over again. Get my skills tip top and then try the Challenge Bunta mode.

Can't wait

Comment

Available now in Hong Kong....

Comment

i've refound a passion for initial d recently even though it never really went away and i still played 3 times a week
                                partly due to the left machine's records being wiped (ie MY records) and being able to chop 1.5 secs for both my uphill and downhill runs

2'58'4xx baby!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X