No announcement yet.

Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to get the most out of Initial D you're going to need the entire Anime series, the game, and a Logitech steering wheel? Sounds more like a way of life than a PS2 title.

Driving games, as a rule, leave me cold, but this one seems to have a very distinct style to it, may well give it a try depending on how the review turns out when it arrives.

Comment

The reason for that C is that you can connect with the game better.

I'd seen the series before playing it, so you can imagine how exciting it was for me to be actually racing against the guys from the series, in the locations featured and with the likes of Space Boy and Beat of the Rising Sun blaring out.

You are actually IN Initial D!!!!

A very emotional experience indeed

I can imagine a few people here scratching their heads wondering what all the fuss is about come June 26th cos basically it's just a good, slidey race game with a load of similar looking tracks and a euro dance soundtrack.

You guys have 3 weeks to watch the series. Make sure you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
        The reason for that C is that you can connect with the game better.

I'd seen the series before playing it, so you can imagine how exciting it was for me to be actually racing against the guys from the series, in the locations featured and with the likes of Space Boy and Beat of the Rising Sun blaring out.

You are actually IN Initial D!!!!

A very emotional experience indeed

I can imagine a few people here scratching their heads wondering what all the fuss is about come June 26th cos basically it's just a good, slidey race game with a load of similar looking tracks and a euro dance soundtrack.

Interesting, because the effect was opposite for me. I had been playing the game for a while before watching the anime, but when I booted up the very first episode and what was the first music that I hear.

Space Boy

immediately I was gripped. I knew I was going to love every part of the anime.

Comment

ive only got the music atm, which is fantastic, never seen the game in action aside from that video, am going to try to get the anime on dvd before i play the game

Comment

Been enjoying Inital D for a while now at the Trafford Centre in Manchester. I especially enjoy it when that chinese guy plays with me who has a key to the coin mechanism, 1 pound lasts for 3 hours, which is nice.
            I take it no news on a Game Cube version. I just wont buy a PS2 out of principle, even for Initial D

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
              I just wont buy a PS2 out of principle, even for Initial D
              Sorry to change the subject, but do you care to explain why?

Comment

At the risk of getting Off topic on my first day. Please moderators this is just a joke

Let me tell you somthing about buying the machine everyone else has, the PS2.
                When Bloodhounds chase foxes, theres always 1 dog at the back, who has no sense of smell, he doesnt know what there chasing, he doesnt even know there's a fox.
                All he's doing in following arse-holes.
                And thats all you need to know buying a PS2

Comment

I just wont buy a PS2 out of principle, even for Initial D
                  I'm the opposite
                  I purposefully bought a chipped PS2 to play the game and am using the benefits to play games I have wanted to play but have missed out on because I didn't have money at the time or didn't buy because it was on a PS

back on topic - C' don't forget that Akagi and Irouzaka are in Special Stage as well
                  Recently beat the 3 min barrier on Akina. go 2'59'697 time 8)

Did anyone manage to download the video for special stage? It just keeps messing up for me cos it's a .asx can anyone upload it :\

Comment

Im just joking i will buy one if inital D turns out mint.
                    Anyone hear that it will be bundled with a force-feedbak wheel?. I remember hearing somthing on a Japenese forum last week, maybe a special edition?

Comment

Watching it right now and even though the animation is dated i love it!!!

I've not even played Initial D yet and i cant fooking wait for the game now - Watched the Vids - Got the Wheel - Seen the footage - Bought the wallet - changed my name to Mr Initial D!!!

Comment

i'm joking btw, teh wallet is shiznit...

Comment

Im just joking i will buy one if inital D turns out mint.
                          Anyone hear that it will be bundled with a force-feedbak wheel?. I remember hearing somthing on a Japenese forum last week, maybe a special edition?
                          Yay! It will be a special edition boxset with the logitech steering wheel with an Initial D badge. If I can sell my soul by the time it comes out, I'll be emailing Allan!

Tommy, who is gonna own who at this one then??

Comment

Well thats a chipped PS2 console and the spcial edition pack. whats that 350 quid maybe. No holiday this year then!

Comment

Who needs a holiday when you got Initial D? lol

Comment

Tommy, who is gonna own who at this one then??
                                TBH Zero I've seen you in your Car and your not much cop!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X