No announcement yet.

Biohazard Deadly Silence - Nintendo DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone wondering what I'm talking about...

Not used in the DS game to my knowledge

Used constantly in the DS game

Comment

The "putting in the effort" prize for Feb 2006 goes to Shakey_Jake!

Nice one mate, are these samples from PlayStation, and did you grab them?

Yeah that track is definetly not in the Nintendo DS version of the game, which is a shame as its superb. I totally forgot about it until I heard it just then. So the one missing is the first track in the original, and the one in DS plays when you come back to the house from the guardhouse on PS? It was different on GC version wasn't it? I am going to have to go back to the PlayStation original now!

Comment

Just some Mp3's I had lying on my hard drive mate Got every Resi OST on here, and the CD's to boot somewhere. They're in the original PlayStation/Saturn game.

Some may see it as particularly anal complaining about such a thing, but it seems quite mad that they'd completely remove a track used for about 1/3 of the game

Comment

I bought the black Biohazard soundtracks boxset, that was mint. I would of liked the PlayStation/Sega Saturn music in there too, but never mind

Nice work though d00d, and I know where you're coming from. When it's wrong it's wrong, and it just pisses you off if you love it dearly. Definetly an odd removal, but perhaps as others has stated there were space issues. Afterall the FMV and voice work would of taken a fair chunk of space out, then there is the textures, blardy blah..

Comment

Yeah, there is a massive amount of music missing from that boxed set (it's really a best of type thing) but it is still a fantastic buy for any RE fan. I love it.

Comment

Got the boxset myself too. Love it to bits, but I can name more than a few key tracks which really should be in there but are not.
              Then again, some of the official standalone OST's were missing tracks too.
              Shame the original RE tracks were not in the boxset too.

Getting back to the subject, we can only assume the track was removed for space reasons. It's just that

when you returned from the Guardhouse back to the mansion, you think everything is going to be the same. Then you see that Hunter and **** yourself. Then you hear the different, more dramatic music and you realise that while it's the same corridors and rooms as before, somethings now different. That was errie in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                For anyone wondering what I'm talking about...

Not used in the DS game to my knowledge
                This is the "first floor" mansion music which you get at the start of the original ps1 game IIRC. The original psx had bgm for each floor, so I take it it's the original "ground floor" music which has gone, which is a shame.

Isn't this just the "second floor" mansion music which is also at the start of the game on the psx? On my OST, the music you get on returning from the guardhouse is called "first floor mansion again", which is different again. (You also get a "second floor mansion again" too). So have these two tracks also gone? It looks like they've removed three music tracks, rather than the one, the cheeky beggars, or have I got my wires crossed here? Apologies for being incredibly anal about this.

Cheers

Comment

I might be mistaken, it's been many years since I've played the original Resident Evil.

But there is definately only one Mansion Hallway track in the DS game

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                    I might be mistaken, it's been many years since I've played the original Resident Evil.

But there is definately only one Mansion Hallway track in the DS game
                    Bugger. Cheers for the info - still looking forward to this immensely.

Comment

Oh of course - as I say, I still say this is the best version of the orginal Resi yet (bar Remake), even with the minor problems.

Comment

Hello!

The US copy of REDS that I ordered from Play-Asia arrived today and it is fantastic!

I thought I`d just have a little go on classic mode but before I knew it, the snake was dead for the second time and I was heading off to the caverns with the battery under my arm, I could not put this game down.

Anyone reading this thread who is still awaiting their copy, don`t worry about all the nonsence about whether or not there is a piece of music from the original RE missing and all that cobblers, you are in for a treat regardless if you are a seasoned RE veteran or a 1st time player.

Considering this game is 10 years old it stands up remarkably well and the controls are good, mixing a little of the old with some of the new from more recent RE games. My only gripe so far is that when in combat with the shotty, the character doesn`t seem to react quick enough when you want to get a shot off, which is worrying when the hunters are about but that is the only thing negative I can say and it`s nothing really.

From the second you boot up the game, all those memories of playing RE for the 1st time all come flooding back, but unlike a lot of games I played 10 years ago RE is still a joy to play. I`ll finish classic before bed and then play as Chris tomorrow before starting rebirth mode.

I`ll tell you, in the opening sequence when it shows the cast....... Rebecca and Jill....... you would wouldn`t you??

Comment

Blimey you got yours quick, VG+ haven't even shipped mine yet!

Are you in the UK?

Comment

I agree mate, it's a fantastic game regardless of my moanings, and I would recommend it highly to both veterans and newcomers. Forget any worries you have about it 'just not working' on a handheld, it actually makes it all that much more novel. It's fully compatible with the DS sleep mode, so you can still play it on the bus or whatever.

Tronix shipped my US copy today. I'm sure it's the same as my JPN one, but I still can't wait to play through it again.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990
                              Blimey you got yours quick, VG+ haven't even shipped mine yet!

Are you in the UK?
                              Yes mate, I`m in the UK.

PA originally were quoting 8th Feb for shipping but to my surprise my order status was "prepared" and then "shipped" on the 6th. Also as I couldn`t wait for this game I had it sent by EMS so it would be quick and I could track it, arrived at about 1pm yesterday afternoon.

Finished Jill`s game on classic yesterday with an extremely poor 3 hrs 58 mins. I`m really loving this game but as I`ve played alot of REmake inbetween RE 10 years ago and REDS so I kept getting lost as the mansion is soooo different, carring the wrong items and doing a lot of backtracking also but that has subtracted none of the joy for me.

When completing the game I`ve unlocked some stuff for the multiplayer side of it but I bet I never get to experience it, which would be a shame. I also manage to get the rubbish ending where

Barry dies and you don`t get to fight Tyrant at the end..... I did rescue Chris and only saved the game once though so it wasn`t all bad.

I`ll have another go at Jill today to try and improve my bobbins time and get the good ending before moving onto Chris` game. When that is done I`ll have a look at rebirth.

When I was halfway through Jill`s game, which didn`t take very long, I got a feeling of sadness as it seemed I`d got so excited waiting for this game but I`ve nearly finished it after just a couple of hours, but then you realise that there is actually quite alot to keep you interested in this game. I just hope that one of my buddies picks it up so I can see what the multiplayer is like.

I love this game! Gonna go and play some now!

*edit- I know that this has been picked up on before and actually adds to the appeal of the game but how bad is the voice acting?? Bloody hell it`s cringingly awful! Anyone who hasn`t played this game yet, just wait until you meet up with Richard, he`s as wooden as a South American rain forest!!
                              Last edited by NeRoZoMbIe; 09-02-2006, 08:14.

Comment

Bugger! Got bad ending again, but finished in 2hrs 10 mins which was a lot better than my previous run and I also unlocked the good old

rocket launcher

for my troubles!!

*edit- before I attempt it again, I`d like to maybe ask you guys for some help with regards to getting to fight the Tyrant at the end of Jill`s game on classic mode.

From what I can remember about the original RE, Barry lived or died depending on whether you had to be rescued from the press room after collecting the shotgun. I have let him rescue me the first game and then used the broken shotgun the second time so he didn`t appear.

Then again, now I come to think about it, it could be after what happens in the guardhouse. In the two runs I`ve made through the game I mixed the V-Jolt compound both times and killed Plant 42 with one flame round. Obviously if the V-Jolt is used the plant doesn`t grab you and Barry doesn`t need to steam in with his flame thrower. Am I right??

Just another question about unlockables..............

How do I unlock the Master of Knifing mini game? I`ve completed classic mode twice. Do I get it after finishing Rebirth mode?

Thanks
                                Last edited by NeRoZoMbIe; 09-02-2006, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X