if it ain't 60fps I don't wanna know tbh ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
      Arcade original ran at 30 fps

Comment

Then you'll be missing out big time! It's fast but not 60fps.

By the way, you can drift depending on the cars you choose. FRs tend to drift really well as opposed to 4WDS which excel in acceleration. It just takes a lot more skill to drift than than in other racing games.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar
          Arcade original ran at 30 fps
          no it didn't :P it was 60fps ta I know as I put far too much money into it... infact, I can't think of a single SEGA arcade racer that doesn't run at 60fps. Well maybe I can forgive it not bein 60fps, but bah all the same :P I want an arcade perfect port dammit! XP

Comment

no it didn't :P it was 60fps ta I know as I put far too much money into it... infact, I can't think of a single SEGA arcade racer that doesn't run at 60fps. Well maybe I can forgive it not bein 60fps, but bah all the same :P I want an arcade perfect port dammit! XP
            That's impossible. The PSP could never handle an arcade perfect port. Things have to be compromised. Anyway, the speed's there, the graphics are pretty much intact and the music is sublime!

Comment

Glad to hear that it's possible to drift in this version. It was nothing to do with (lack of) driver skill in the PS2 version, more to do with a stiff handling model, no matter what kind of car was chosen.

Comment

Waiting for my copy to arrive...

Quick question, is Joshima-san's Blue S2000 available in this?
                Last edited by Bleeders; 28-02-2006, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
                  Glad to hear that it's possible to drift in this version. It was nothing to do with (lack of) driver skill in the PS2 version, more to do with a stiff handling model, no matter what kind of car was chosen.
                  I found it pretty easy to drift in the PS2 version - drop down a gear as you go into a tight bend and you'll drift.

Comment

To be fair the handerling is very similar to the PS2 version i.e. very sensitive when controlled via the nub ? admittedly I haven't tried changing the handerling setting yet; or in fact spent time using the D pad ? how are you all playing it?. If memory serves me correctly weren't most of you who played the PS2 version using the GT Force steering wheel? So some will have to do some adapting! In terms of the power sliding model that hasn't changed from the PS2 or arcade (well not much anyway) ? so if you didn't like it then this won't change your opinion.
                    Lets get one thing straight I am enjoying it, but kind of in the same way as I enjoyed the PSP version of Winning Eleven ? you can't help feel that you're playing something inferior; but then again what was I to expect. I hate to think what the later stages will be like with the nub; a bloody nightmare I would have thought!
                    Last edited by nickgodfrey; 28-02-2006, 12:48.

Comment

Originally posted by nickgodfrey
                      To be fair the handerling is very similar to the PS2 version i.e. very sensitive when controlled via the nub ? admittedly I haven't tried changing the handerling setting yet; or in fact spent time using the D pad ? how are you all playing it?. If memory serves me correctly weren't most of you who played the PS2 version using the GT Force steering wheel? So some will have to do some adapting! In terms of the power sliding model that hasn't changed from the PS2 or arcade (well not much anyway) ? so if you didn't like it then this won't change your opinion.
                      Lets get one thing straight I am enjoying it, but kind of in the same way as I enjoyed the PSP version of Winning Eleven ? you can't help feel that you're playing something inferior; but then again what was I to expect. I hate to think what the later stages will be like with the nub; a bloody nightmare I would have thought!
                      Change the handling to 1. Feels just like proper steering with the nub. I actually prefer this to the PS2 version,

Comment

Well I guess we'll have to disagree here gossi. I put a lot of hours into the PS2 version, and did of course drop gears going into corners. It simply doesn't convey much of a sense of the back end coming out or the car drifting compared to Battle Gear 2, for example. I really liked the game despite this, as I have said earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
                          I found it pretty easy to drift in the PS2 version - drop down a gear as you go into a tight bend and you'll drift.

Uh oh, I managed to get through ridge without having to go manual gears, looks like I'll have to change for this one!

Comment

got my copy from yes-asia today. including the crappy free strap they give out with initial D stuff.

the ps2 version is one of my all time faves, and this seems to be great too from the half hour i've put in so far. i totally forgot how fast this thing is though. its pretty astonishing when your not used to it.

not sure i understand the problem with drifting, i can get pretty sideways simply enough even on the first easy course. but i do remember from the ps2 version watching the replays never looked the same as it felt driving though.
                            d-pad seems fine too, but i did always use it before anyway, so no complaints from me.

cant wait to get stuck into it properly.

Comment

yeah but I was hopin with the smaller screen they'd be able to cover enough up to make it look it how many (music) tracks has it got? I'm guessing all the big ones like Space Boy and Love is in Danger etc are there, an the vid I saw had Speedy Speed Boy. Looks like I might actually have the money to order it at the end of the week hope my battery can handle the length of the sessions I often have on Initial D

An I agree with the "no drift" crowd, Initial D doesn't really have any "real" drifting, the cars tend to coast around the corners, doesn't stop it bein incredibly good fun mind. I actually prefered playing the PS2 version with the Dual Shock using the D-Pad o_O but I guess that was because my Driving Force didn't have the same lock to lock as the arcade cabinet I was used to making the steering feel alot more twitchy than in the arcade.
                              Last edited by MikeRox; 28-02-2006, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos
                                Uh oh, I managed to get through ridge without having to go manual gears, looks like I'll have to change for this one!
                                The gears are more important if you want to be the best at time trials; they're not the be all and end all.

Comment

Working...
                                X