Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bleeders
    Ta' mate - is it work safe?
    i guess so, if you can get away looking at this place, then looking at those files should be ok.

theres a pretty usefull menu translation at gamefaqs too

Comment

Are people generally using the D pad or nubbin to control? Don't think I tried PS2 Initial D with the pad and the prospect of playing it with nubbin... brrr.. *shivers*

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
        i guess so, if you can get away looking at this place, then looking at those files should be ok.

theres a pretty usefull menu translation at gamefaqs too
        http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=26581913
        Ta' fella.

Comment

Originally posted by AyemStoopid
          Are people generally using the D pad or nubbin to control? Don't think I tried PS2 Initial D with the pad and the prospect of playing it with nubbin... brrr.. *shivers*
          D pad. I never used the D pad on the PS2 game, however after playing this I went back to the PS2 game and found the D pad suprisingly good for it (better than the analouge stick).

Comment

D-pad here too.

Comment

Yup, D-Pad as well.

Really into this now, although getting caned by Keisuke at the moment though. I love the fact that you perform virtually all the attacks from anime - like the blind attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                Yup, D-Pad as well.

Really into this now, although getting caned by Keisuke at the moment though. I love the fact that you perform virtually all the attacks from anime - like the blind attack.
                Will all this type of thing be lost on me, having never seen the anime?

Comment

Not really mate, you can still win without resorting to the attacks, but it's another little quirk to the game that keeps it true to the anime.

I imagine the course tips Ryosuke gives probably pertains to the different modes of attack you can use in a race.

Comment

I find the nub a lot better than the d-pad. Set the steering level to 1 for better control.

Comment

How do you attack?

Comment

So does the game lead up to the current 4th stage? Would be nice to try out some of these gutter runs and up hill battles.

Originally posted by gossi the dog
                        How do you attack?
                        Think he just means using these Takumi special techniques. e.g. Gutter riding and head lights switching.

Comment

Gutter riding is pretty self explanatory, but what the fudge is head light switching? I've never read/seen Initial D in any form except the PS2 game.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                            Gutter riding is pretty self explanatory, but what the fudge is head light switching? I've never read/seen Initial D in any form except the PS2 game.
                            It's when you turn your head lights off and appear to be 'invisible' at which point you overtake your oponent and switch the head lights on again.

Comment

Aye, it's a classic Takumi technique if your opponent is blocking the way on the narrow courses, switch off the head-lights and glide past em'

Comment

Ahhh, I've give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X